Thread: Windows 7 wont shutdown, previously windows xp and vista had no problems

Windows 7 wont shutdown, previously windows xp and vista had no problems

My computer is preloaded with Windows Vista and now I recently upgraded to Windows 7. However, the team does not quit after upgrading to Windows 7. Sometimes I get an error screen and sometimes the screen goes black. Many times the desktop freezes and sometimes close, it gives me the option to start Windows in Safe Mode. I don’t know what to do now? Because of all these problems I have to put the switch on the computer directly off the power supply. Can anyone suggest on this topic and so that I can solve mine issue.

Re: Windows 7 wont shutdown, previously windows xp and vista had no problems

I guess you did not install the drivers for the motherboard after upgrading to Windows 7. That's why the system could not close after you upgrade to Windows 7. So therefore I would like to suggest you to Find the required drivers for the motherboard in your system and install Windows 7. Once you finish the installation and after that restart your system. Hopefully it should solve the problem.

The computer does not turn off after upgrading to Windows 7 means that you have to adjust the power options menu below:
    1. First go to the Power Options.
    2. After that choose the balanced.
    3. Now you will see the Change Plan Settings option and under that set the time you want to clear the display
    4. Once you finish this make hit on the Advanced Power Settings. And then set the Hibernate choice to "Never" in the settings for sleep

If the team does not quit after upgrading to Windows 7, then I guess there are some bugs with the system components. To check this go to the start and after that make hit on the all program and after that choose the accessories. Now on the accessories select the command prompt. Now under the command prompt type the following and then hit the enter key.
    CHKDSK /r
    Now once you finish this restart your system and then go through your issue.

I have faced the same issue on mine system as well and I would like to suggest you the following steps and so that you can solve your issue. To do this make hit on the start icon on the desktop and after that go to the control panel. Now on the control panel go to the Hardware and Sound and then choose the Device Manager. Now on the device manager go to the IEEE1394 Bus host controller (expand) and then choose the VIA 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller (it maybe different depend on your system) and then make double click on that and then go to the Power Management tab and under that make check mark on the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power check box. Now once you done this hit the ok button and after that go through your issue.

There has been a problem during the a-grading of Windows 7. This may be the problem of why the system does not quit after upgrading to Windows 7. I guess you have to format the system and then use a bootable DVD which would install the new operating system. Sometimes there are update errors, as is done online and even a small error in the connection can create corrupt files in the system. I hope this will help you.