Thread: Not able to change account picture by clicking on pictures in Windows 7

Not able to change account picture by clicking on pictures in Windows 7

I have installed the windows 7 on mine system. Before installing the windows 7 I have the windows vista on mine system and after that I have upgraded it to windows 7. After upgrading to windows 7 I have small issue on mine user account profile. Last night I have tried to change mine picture of the user account but mine picture was not changing. Now I don’t know how to solve this issue. can anyone suggest on this and so that I can solve this.

Re: Not able to change account picture by clicking on pictures in Windows 7

I have faced the same issue on mine system as well. When I click on View more photos does not work at all. I have rights as an administrator. I have the same situation with other accounts on my computer. The group policy object with the value of the image of the user login is not configurable. Even if I change to disable, does not work. The strange thing is if I activate the guest account, that user will not have that problem. Once again, I have all administrator rights. I have not installed anything lately on my computer that could affect the operating system. I am updating my antivirus(Microsoft security essential) up to date. Please help.

I would like to suggest you the following steps and so that you can solve your issue. To do this goes through the following steps: first make hit on the start icon on the desktop and after that go to the run. Now on the run type gpedit.msc and then hit the ok button. Now you will get the Computer configuration and under that go to the Administrative Template and after that make hit on the control panel and after that go to the user account now make hit on the apply the default logon pictures to all users and after that click on the disable apply the Default User Logon Picture. Now try changing your logo.

Hello thanks for replying and I would appreciate your suggestion. As you said I have tried your solution but I didn’t got the any solution. Now I don’t know how to solve this issue. I have tried the several times but i am not able to change mine picture. I have also tried other threads on Google but I didn’t go the any solution. Can anyone suggest on this issue and so that I can solve mine issue. Please help me out from this issue, thanks in advance.

I have gone through this same issue and I would like to suggest you the following step s and so that you can solve your issue. To do this go through the following steps: first make hit on the start icon and after that go to the control panel. Now on the control panel make hit on the User Accounts and Family Safety and the hit on the User Accounts. Now on the User Accounts make select on the Change your account picture. Now here select your picture and after that make hit on the change picture. Now once you finished this go through your issue.