Thread: How to change spacing between icons on the taskbar

How to change spacing between icons on the taskbar

I installed the Windows 7 in the system of mine and I have a small laptop screen. I need to program several in the taskbar for easy access, select small icons and no names, etc. Still, the small program icons (when not in use) are separated so far that there is little room to spare. The new programs quickly open the cause of clustering and are difficult to handle. Why Microsoft is the blank space between icons so small unopened? It is wasted space. More importantly, how I can reduce the space between icons

Re: How to change spacing between icons on the taskbar

Since you are having a problem with the width of the taskbar, you have to put some thought into creating a toolbar for programs covered, rather than actually nails. It adds the folder, however saves more space. You can augment the figure of icons that can be put up in the task bar by growing the stature of the taskbar. Just pull the taskbar up to increase the width. I do not believe there is a way of reducing the gap among the icons on the taskbar.

Although it has been at any time since its publication, there is an additional option not mentioned. This option can be used with any of the options listed below. You can create a new toolbar and use it to compress against the left taskbar. Just create an empty toolbar and hide the label and name. Place next to the taskbar and push up to the size you like. Adjust taskbar icons to match always hide tags. You can use the new toolbar for the placement of future links / icons or simply be used as a placeholder and add the toolbar of another as needed. The only advantage I see with the addition of new Quick Start function is that you can click on the icons on numerous occasions to create additional pages. This is a two step process in the new Windows taskbar 7.

I have same problem in my system. You could almost fit into another icon I've seen elsewhere that it is to accommodate the touch-screen computers, but very few people actually have. I do not want my taskbar bigger; I'd already hidden to maximize screen space. I like the role of icons and do not want to create a Quick Start section and an independent bar. I just want to eliminate dead space. Please tell me there is a way to do this. I've only had 7 installed for a few hours and I really like so far. i am using the windows vista on mine system. Can anyone help on this?

I would like to suggest you to use the download the Set_ThumbSpacingXPx_40.reg file. To Set the Space between Taskbar Thumbnail Previews to 40 Pixels. To download this makes click here. Now once you make click on this select the save file. Now after downloading make double click on the downloaded file and it will decrease the taskbar space between icons to 40 pixels. I hope this will help you lot to solve your issue.