Thread: System Restore disabled - XPS 8000 Windows 7 64 bit

System Restore disabled - XPS 8000 Windows 7 64 bit

Hello friends, I recently brought a desktop that is running on windows 7 64 bit operating system. I frequently use internet and I suspect that due to this reason my computer is infected by the virus. I tried to get into the safe mode and run Spyware detector software. When I go to restart the computer, the virus are back again. I can’t understand what is wrong. When I try to perform system restore it says system restore is disabled. Somebody please tell me how to enable system restore.

Re: System Restore disabled - XPS 8000 Windows 7 64 bit

Yes you are right. You frequently internet and this is the open source for most of the virus and malware programs. The virus might have infected the system file of your computer. It has turned off or disabled the system restore. Try to scan the whole system with the help of antivirus program. If any virus or malicious program is detected, then just remove them. Do not try to access any of the infected file or folder. After eliminating the entire virus reboot the computer and then try System Restore.

Start the computer in a safe mode and then click repair. After repair action is completed, reboot the computer. Which type of antivirus you are using. If you are using MalwareByte anti –Malware then your system might not be completely protected from virus. MalwareByte fails to detect IroK, Toady, Krilie and other threats. Malware stays on the PC as long as it can. It can do anything to preserve itself and so it becomes harder for antivirus to remove it.

Your system is completely infected by the virus. Due to this, the System Restore in your computer is disabled. With the help of antivirus, perform complete scan for all the drives. Let it scan the whole system and while performing scan avoid using internet. After antivirus has scanned all the drives, remove all the threats and virus that were detected

It seems that, virus that has infected your computer has turned off the System Restore of your system. It may be possible that the virus has added a line to the registry, and due to this the System Restore is turned off. If you find the line which the virus has added to the registry, then just delete it. If still the problem persists then just run the recovery disc and perform repair action. Or if you are willing to clean install the operating system then back up all the files from the hard disk and then perform clean install.

I was very much worried about this problem. System restore was completely disabled. This was all because of virus infection. I scanned all the drives with the antivirus program but it didn’t work. I tried to delete all the virus that were detected by the antivirus but unable to turn on the system restore. At last I had to back up all my files from the drive and had to format the system completely