Thread: Mac and Vado Central - constant crashing & won't open

Mac and Vado Central - constant crashing & won't open

Does anyone else have problem with running Vado Central on a Mac? I've installed the latest version, and when I lauch the software without the camera plugged in, I get the error message "No Creative Vado device is connected to this computer. The Vado Central Application will now close." Fair enough.
    I then plug in the camera (Vado HD), and try to launch the software. This time, I get the error message "Vado Central Quit Unexpectedly. Click Reopen to open the application again. This report will be sent to Apple automatically." I try Reopen, and after several attempts I'm still getting the same errors.
    • I've recently upgraded to Snow Leopard
    • I've deleted and redownloaded/reinstalled the software several times
    • I've reinstalled Perrian several times as well.
    • The version I've installed is VadoCentral_MAC_APP_LA_1_1_0_df6.zip.

Re: Mac and Vado Central - constant crashing & won't open

I am also having almost the same kind of problem. I don’t know why this is happening if anyone has such kind of problem or anyone has any kind of solution in this do help me. Snow Leopard, 10.6.2. Installing VadoCentral_MAC_APP_LA_1_1_0_df6.zip results in constant crashing of Vado Central at start. Remove that version and installing VadoCentral_MAC_APP_US_1_0_0_d13.zip is the only thing that works for me.

I had the same problem, here's what worked for me.
    I deleted the VadoCentral_MAC_APP_LA_1_1_0_df6.zip version of the software, downloaded VadoCentral_MAC_APP_US_1_0_0_d13.zip and installed it. It worked but gave me a message that there is a new version available. After trying the old version on a couple of files I clicked for the update. It downloaded and installed with no problem. Runs perfectly, better than the old version. I'm on a MacBook Pro, Snow Leopard.

I find a simple workaround: install perian, open your video with QT and, then, save it ! QT X will create a .MOV file that you can import in iMovie. It's faster if you first copy your files from Vado to HD but painful if you've got a lot of sequences. Note that there is a newer version of the Vado Central. Please download and install to see if it helps.

I use it since last weekend and it seems much better than before. No crash yet!
    May I suggest a potential enhancement: could you please allow saving user define options? It's really boring to have to redefine size / Kbs & fps every import as your standard settings are not the best to get the best of our Vado HD. Then to be seen s it is working a bit and is better than the previous version.

Just install Perian, connect your Vado, and transfer your video. If vado central don't fit your needs, you can open your video with Quick time, then save it as Quicktime file (yes, Quicktime makes the convertion for free) before you reopen it on iMovie. If you take a lot of video, you will have to consider, in any case, real and strong format converter software. On my side, because I use it for blogging, I bought an Elgato turbo.264HD dongle. Ok, it's not the cheaper solution, you can have a first look on software solution, but it's really the best. But please, forgot about your solution, Windows on VMWare will turn you creasy