Thread: Dell Inspiron 1464 -- BIOS unable to boot!

Dell Inspiron 1464 -- BIOS unable to boot!

Hello friends, I recently got a Dell inspiron1464 with core i3 2.13GHz running on windows 7 operating system. I was installing drivers from the Dell site and was updating the BIOS. All the procedures were completed, but the last one was running (writing the new BIOS) the system just stuck and did not recover. So I have to forcibly shutdown the system. Now when I start the computer, it does not boot. Can any one tell how can I get back my laptop work.

Re: Dell Inspiron 1464 -- BIOS unable to boot!

As your laptop was updating the BIOS, and it shut down in the middle, then surely the BIOS writing was not completed. Due to this reason your computer will not boot. This is a very serious problem which you cannot solve it by yourself. For this problem you need a certified technician. The motherboard of your laptop is dead and the BIOS flash has gone bad. If the laptop is under warranty , then take it to the Dell service center. They will repair it at no cost.

Unfortunately the chip known as BIOS flash has gone bad, so you cannot start the computer. You need to replace the BIOS flash with the new one. Contact the Dell technical support and they will send the chip level engineer to fix it. Though your laptop is under the warranty period, Dell will replace and repair it, free of cost. Make sure that you have registered your laptop or else your warranty will void .

If the system does not boot, hold the power button for 10 seconds and see if it works. If not then surely the motherboard is dead and the whole mother board needs to be replaced. As you have recently bought the laptop, so it must be under the warranty period. Take it to the Dell service center and they will either replace the motherboard or unsolder the BIOS chip, flash it externally and solder it back. Don’t worry, if the warranty is not expired, then it will be done at no cost.