Thread: Windows 7 : How to add a Program to the "Default Programs" list Manually

Windows 7 : How to add a Program to the "Default Programs" list Manually

I am utilizing COWON jetAudio as my media player in Microsoft Windows 7 (I have been utilizing this all in one media player for years currently, and I feel affection for it.) And I am attempting to connect all of the file types to jetAudio. While I go into the jetAudio preferences, and test all file types, it doesn't work correctly, I am guessing it's because of the truth that I am using Windows 7 beta is at a standstill. So I wish to be able to choose jetAudio in the "Default Programs" and situate it as the main media player. Thanks for any further help.

Re: Windows 7 : How to add a Program to the "Default Programs" list Manually

Have you attempted the "Set program Access and Computer defaults"? Choose "Non Microsoft" and, at their underneath of the window, "Custom". An additional way would be to right click any one of the media files you wish to eavesdrop to and choose "Open with'. Make certain you have the box bottom left marked. If your media player is not screening, choose browse and discover the media player .exe file and choose it.

Unlock the folder which contains the file you wish to change. Right-click the file which you wish to change, and after that, depending on the form of file, either click Open With or tip to Open With and after that click select Default Program. Click the program which you wish to utilize to unlock this file. Do one of the below:
    1. If you wish all files of that type to open in the similar software program, choose the Always utilize the selected program to unlock this kind of file check box, and after that click OK.
    2. If you wish for just that file to unlock in the software program this one time, clear the Always utilize the chosen program to unlock this kind of file check box, and after that click OK.

I am having the similar problem. While I can put the default program to unlock the file, I cannot append the program to the "open with" menu while you right click the file. Even if I select a file for a 1 time exercise, in the long-ago that would make it humiliate in the "open with" menu. I have Iso file. I like the novel burning program in windows seven. I as well like to play the iso files in VLC media player. Now if I right click and select VLC to play it, I would have to perform this each solitary time to play the iso. I like comprising the burn iso as the default application and VLC for utilize one time in a while.

It's not probable to allocate two default actions to a solitary program. That applies to every version of Windows. I will attempt to work on this and notice if I can discover a way in the registry. Make a restore point. Copy and paste the below lines into Notepad, select Save As, in the drop-down box choose All Files and save the initial entry as iso.reg. You have to physically add the .reg to the file name.
    Code:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\.iso]
    @="ISO file"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\.iso\Shell]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\.iso\Shell\Play with VLC media player]
    @="C:\\Program Files\\VideoLan\\VLC\\vlc.exe %1"

I just upgraded to Microsoft Windows 7 and I am attempting to understand how the "default programs" works. On the whole, can an outside program supersede the program situate in the [Set Default Programs] option? For instance, I installed a media application (KMPlayer) which does not humiliate in the [Set Default Programs] list. Now in the KMPlayer's preferences, there as a setting to connect file types with itself. But while I attempted that, I observed that the files at a standstill default to Windows Media Player.