Thread: How to implement Windows 8 on virtual machine

How to implement Windows 8 on virtual machine

I am willing to implement windows 8 on my virtual machine but the problem I am facing is that the VMWrae is not able to implement ACPI 2.0 and ACPI 2.0 is required by Windows 8 and it also requires hardware virtualization as well as an architecture which can be x86 or x64.I have tried using the VirtualBox as well but then it gives me a BSOD when I am trying to build it on VMWare. Is there anyone who has done this before and has an idea about the same and can help me out as well? Any suggestion for this will be appreciated.

Re: How to implement Windows 8 on virtual machine

I was facing the same kind of issue with my 7850 previously but then I was able to solve it with a help of my friend. I had done an extraction of install.wim in the following manner:

imagex /apply [DVDletter]:\sources\install.wim 1 [VHDletter]:\

After this the other process of the installation was done successfully by just following the screen instruction. Just try to do the same and see if it is helping you. I think that it should help you as this solution had really worked for me.

I was facing the same problem when I was trying to implement the windows 8 on my virtual machine but then I had followed a suggestion similar to the above one and was able to install it successfully and I was really happy to finally get it installed but then after a few weeks I had started experiencing a lot of crashes every day and I had also found a no of application were not working even though they were working previously with the same workstation when I was having vista. I tried to ignore it and find a solution for it but then it was not working and lastly I removed the windows 8 and has switched back to the vista.

Even I am facing the crash in the virtualbox I have noticed that just after I get the windows starting display it flashes the below content:
    " Your our o rr
    o o or uo
    rror o "
    I don’t know what does that mean and after that I get a message saying that “A critical error has occurred while running the virtual machine and the machine execution has been stopped.” And I have been facing this every time I reboot the system. I don’t know what is wrong with it. Is here anyone who has experienced this error and has an idea about this?

I have come across this problem in a no of forum where a no of people have raised this error but I have also noticed some people who have claimed that they have solved their problem by trying the following:
    • Add more ram
    • Increase the video memory to the emulation
    • Change the chipset other than "ICH9"
    • Turn on IO APIC / PAE
    • Enable the virtual harddisk support in AMD BIOS.

Just make sure that you do all of the above and then check if you are able to get it work. Best of luck.

As far as I know Virtual machine 2007 does not work with the following ISOs:
    6.2.7955.0.fbl_srv_wdacxml.110228-1930_x86fre_client-ultimate.iso = BSOD
    I was facing the same problem before but then I was able to solve my problem by using the latest VirtualBox and 2 virtual CPUs with acceleration: VT-x/AMD-V and having Nested Paging and PAE/NX and by using the 6.2.7955.0.fbl_srv_wdacxml.110228-1930_x86fre_client-ultimate_en-us .
    Just check it out and see if you are able to get it work by following the method that I have followed. Hope that helps.

You can follow the below steps:
    • Install the Virtual box
    • First Make sure that you power plan is giving you High Performance and then Install the Virtual box on your computer
    • Then check that the General tab Basic Operating system is having windows version and then set it to the default size, which is 20 GB
    • Then check the System tab Motherboard and then set the base memory to 4096 mb and make sure that you have at least 2gb or more.
    • Then check that the Chipset = PIX3 Extended Features = Enable and the IO APIC is the only box checked and the Processor is set 3 and the Extended features = Enable PAE/NX and in the Acceleration both the Hardware Virtualization boxes are checked\
    • Check if the Display tab Video is set to 128mb and the Extended Features check Both the boxes and the rest of the settings are kept default

Even I was trying to install the Virtualbox additions into 7955 but then I was getting message saying that the hardware ID for the display adapter is being rejected” later I Enabled the windows 7 compatibility mode and then it allowed me the EXE run but then it gave me a driver related problem and it did not extracted the drivers in C:\Program Files\Opera\....After that I booted in the safe mode and then I went in to the device manager and then when I tried to update for "Base System device" and then it extracted the needed file and installed the virtual driver for it but I have not yet got the driver working. Any help will be appreciated.

I am having the same kind of problem I just wanted to ask that is it necessary to install virtualbox for installing win 8.I mean I have downloaded win 8 from for the ftp server and I have also copied it in to my pendrive and for doing this I have used ultra ISO but then I don’t know why the installation is failing. It ask me for the driver and I have also connected the pendrive to it but then it is still saying that the installation driver is not found.I don’t know what to do know. Any help will be appreciated.