Thread: Automation of Word and background process mutually fails

Automation of Word and background process mutually fails

We have created an application that is ported to 2008 Server. All work, apart from for two troubles. The major difficulty is through a running surroundings procedures services or components COM + to automate Word - and Excel, so I think, we are able to have the similar difficulty in Vista, but have not explored in detail up till now. We are making use of Word 2007; however suspect the difficulty may take place through several version of Office. Formerly, our code worked very well on several Windows Server NT through to 2003 and with several version of Word.

Re: Automation of Word and background process mutually fails

I have this same question. We can't observe several noticeable errors in FileMon - indeed it doesn't appear like Word essentially tries to open the file in any way. In addition I consider that oApp.Documents.Add() fails. The other difficulty is the old Index server Hit-highlights page, null.htw, for all time returning "invalid parameter". Again thoughts welcome. Possibly we should actually be moving to look for Server. Has somebody knowledge of programming this product? Does anyone have any idea on this? This is a huge deal for us, so every idea appreciatively received.

At this time Microsoft does not suggest, and does not support, Automation of Microsoft Office applications since several unattended, non-interactive client application or component together with ASP, ASP.NET, DCOM, and NT Services, for the reason that Office possibly will show unbalanced performance and / or deadlock as soon as Office is run in this surroundings. Consequently a number of complications are able to take place if you take out the automation of the exceeding types of applications.

This is not actually regarding Office Automation, however what are the consequence of the alteration are w2k8/vista Services / COM +. Parenthetically, what I'm doing is actually printing a knob twiddle a few at a time. Not sure you can do this with the XML interface, but would be interested to know otherwise. But anyway, the real question involves what the new material to enable me to write better W2K8 / Vista apps. I can find documentation on this level shockingly high and disjointed, and this is the kind of problem that will reduce the absorption of W2K8.

A COM setting for each user means that when run as an administrator account can end without access to HKCU, actually. So do not run on an administrator account is a positive incentive! Unfortunately, it seems to solve my problem. Management Session 0 means the interaction of the home console is out, or at least very different. But this is not going to my knowledge. It could be a display problem in measurements of access, but simple VB form of pop-ups seems to work fine on my test service. So how someone should investigate these things? I have used every track you can imagine - what would you suggest?

I originate your question at the same time as searching for answers to the similar exact difficulty. YES And I be acquainted with that MS is not compatible through office automation services, however this is my solution right away until someone can shed light on what is happening on Vista and Win2008 release of Word for the automation of processes inside of service similar to this:
    Process.Start(@"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\WINWORD.EXE", "/Automation -Embedding");
    _app = new Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.ApplicationClass();

Thank you very much for that. It did not help. We have finally cracked the problem we think, it does not seem that you need, above trick. After reading the information on disability in the context Vista/2008 who had stopped using a COM + component to start Word, and put in place through our IIS application pool that runs as an account. Well, actually the Word was launched ultimately throughout a daemon process started in IIS. The problem was not told that the IIS 7 default application pool does not load the account profile of the group, apparently a feature of IIS 6 compatibility. You have to generate a superior application pool called "load user profile." The result is excellence!