Thread: Upgrading from Windows 7 Home Premium to Ultimate error

Upgrading from Windows 7 Home Premium to Ultimate error

I tried upgrading from windows 7 to another version of windows 7 and during the upgrading process it said I would need to restart to continue, so it did. After that it never did anything has been stuck on a black screen (pretty much like the monitor is off) and I cant do anything on the computer.

I tried to upgrade because I lost my CD so I bought the upgrade version from my school for like 20 dollars. I had a virus and stuff on my computer and I just wanted to completely wash it clean with a new upgrade. I chose the custom upgrade so everything is new and it doesnt take my old files.

Any help would be great.

Re: Upgrading from Windows 7 Home Premium to Ultimate error

Actually the thing here is that before upgrading the system you need to check whether there are still viruses n your system. Because in my opinion the virus are not allowing the windows upgrading process. Now what I want you to do here is that just leave the system as it is and order a new copy of windows 7 ultimate setup disk from Microsoft and then have a go at it because I think it is the only way that will help you in this case. There is nothing to worry here because the data will remain secure and you just need to select C: for formatting or the drive in which your earlier operating system is installed.