Thread: Java does not work with opera 11 having amd64 platform

Java does not work with opera 11 having amd64 platform

Hello friends, I wanted to share some of the information with you all. Java never really worked for me from the time I have bought system. I am using AMD 64 processor since from many years. From that time java is not working for me, even copying the java file and linking it with other version also doesn’t works for me. About my browser I am using opera 11, and my platform in Linux, but I am not able to use java within it. Can anyone help me out here? Thanks a lot in advance. Every single solution is important and highly appreciated.

Re: Java does not work with opera 11 having amd64 platform

Hey I have gone through to your post, I am shocked that from many you are not working with java in browser, then how you are using it man? Almost in every browser java is main application to run many script within it. It’s ok, when I read your post, I came to know that you are using 64bit, so you must try to use java 64-bit application only, this might help you to fix the problem. Because in many case I have seen that 32-bit application doesn’t supports 64-bit application. Just check for it that you are using 64-bit java application in your browser. All the best!!

Hey friend, I am using the same system and I was suffering through the almost same error. The only difference is error I was facing, only in opera 11, not in other browser like Firefox. Following was my java description and you might be using the same currently:
    • Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc.
    • Version: Java 6 Update 23
    • Operating System: Linux 2.6.33.7-desktop-2mnb
    • Architecture: amd64

This error message says that it is having trouble in openGL, so check for it and also check for NVIDIA drives, this helped me, it might help you. Thank you!!

Hey, I have read almost every post. There is only one solution for it. Quit with 64-bit and start using 32-bit. I wanted to add information about 1st post that, I have done some research for 64-bit and I have also tried that thing, after that I found below things:
    After setting and verifying java in following path usr>lib64>nsbrowser>plug-in”
    It gives following error:

A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:

# SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x00000034bce71a96, pid=15314, tid=140008283436800
    # JRE version: 6.0_23-b05
    # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (19.0-b09 mixed mode linux-amd64 compressed oops)
    # Problematic frame:
    # C [libGL.so.1+0x71a96]

So just go with 32-bit while you are on Linux platform. Thanks a lot and all the best!

Yes you all are right; I have tried with every single solution. When I was using java 64-bit at that time my opera was 32-bit, but after reading post, I tried with opera with 64-bit. And it worked for me. In case of Firefox, well it is not actually detecting it, but select java-vm and select java-nsplugin both runs jdk1.6. From now I am able to use java application in opera browser on my system. I want to thank all of you who have written over here in this post, without you it was not even possible for me to come out of this.