Thread: "The file is corrupt and cannot be opened" error While opening .xls files on office 2010 Excel

"The file is corrupt and cannot be opened" error While opening .xls files on office 2010 Excel

I have installed the windows vista on mine system and I have also using the Microsoft office 2007. Mine system works fine without any issue but I have small issue on mine excel. I have upgraded mine Microsoft office 2007 to Microsoft office 2010 and upgrade was complete without any issue. 2 days before when I open the .xls files which was created in earlier version it gives error message saying that, “"The file is corrupt and cannot be opened". Now I am not able to open the any .xls files on mine newer office. I don’t know how to solve this issue. Can anyone suggest on this issue.

Re: "The file is corrupt and cannot be opened" error While opening .xls files on office 2010 Excel

I would like to suggest you to reinstall the office again and so that you can solve your issue. While updating the any software you need to make sure that you have removed the earlier version and after that you can install the new updates and this will not give them any error. To uninstall go to the start and after that make hit on the control panel and after that go to the add/remove program and under that remove your earlier version and new version by double clicking on that. Once you finish this restart your system and after that go through your issue.

Re: "The file is corrupt and cannot be opened" error While opening .xls files on office 2010 Excel

I'd suggest you download the fix solution and that can solve your problem. To download this click here. Now, once you hit on this link and then make a strike in the save file button and after that download the installation file on your system. Now, formerly the download is complete then installs the downloaded file and run the software. After the exercise, then reboot and after that go to the trouble. Hope this helps.

Hell thanks for replying and I would like to appreciate your suggestion. I have gone through your steps but it doesn’t help me to solve mine issue. As you said I have downloaded the error fixer and after that I have installed and then run the installed file. Once I complete the running I have restarted the system and after that when I tried I have got the same issue. Now I don’t know how to solve this issue. Can anyone suggest on this and so that I can solve mine issue. Please help me out from this.

I would like to suggest you the following steps and so that you can solve your issue. to do this you need to follow the steps below: first open the Microsoft excel and after that make hit on the file and after that go to the option. Now under the option select the Trust Center and after that make hit on the Trust Center setting. Now under that make click on the protected view and under that make uncheck mark on the all option. Once you finished hit the ok button and after that restart again excel and then go through your issue.

This worked, but the dialogue and action needs to be fixed as soon as possible and is happening with the previous version of Word documents. The file is indeed corrupt and NOT until I found this, I had gone before to download the free "Microsoft Viewer 'program, installed it and had to do with it and convert PDF to a customer. Microsoft software is better than this - and this error is important to fix as soon as possible before it reaches the majority of the mainstream in at least gives us the option to open the file and not saying that the file is corrupted. I've never seen something neglected this in a final product with Microsoft Office.