Thread: Microsoft distributing Windows 8 to OEMs

Microsoft distributing Windows 8 to OEMs

I just heard that Microsoft starts to deal out Windows 8 to key OEM's (those are HP Dell and other truly big OEM's). Microsoft Windows 8 edition being dispersed is 7971.0.110324-1900, and a Beta edition is probable to arrive this September. Is this all true or just a fake? I really don’t know about this. What do you think of all this? Anyone here have any idea about this? Please let me know, if anyone has any idea or any news about this.

Re: Microsoft distributing Windows 8 to OEMs

System reset is previously there on lots of machines with Windows 7: they make one more partition on the drive and place in the OS image. On ASUS notebooks you repress F9 while it posts and it will reinstate the PC from that image. Normally I suppose people will hate any changes Microsoft makes because it's "not like XP", just because they have to find out something new. Look at the Office ribbon: tremendous, up till now people complain. This is why I anxious regarding the new "mesh". The novel 3D effects should glam it up and astonish people sufficient to overlook they are actually learning though. I wish. That said, it could just be a Vista for 2012.

No news on Windows Future Storage. This is regarding "no-fragmentation". I have asked 5 of my University professor, which I supposed they actually know they are stuff and they all, told me devoid of omission or hesitation: That for HDD, all driver formats splinter the HDD. They are no evasion it. While the HDD is out of space, the PC will have to begin shifting the whole thing to make space to put in data linked to a file. Which is fanatical demanding step, and well, is defragmentation by itself.

A "restore completely from streamlined OS image and reinstall all documents from backup" would be an immense mechanical procedure. Regarding fragmentation then, there have to be superior ways of more capable storage. And yes, SSD-centric file systems could be an advantage too, though it depends whether it's a permanent technology. Atm 25nm NAND cuts write to 3000, from 5000 preceding. A 40% cut for next generation would mean 1800 writes etc. It's non-sustainable and thus not an asset for very extensive term software features.

They necessitate giving it a name more willingly than a number except we are not having a Windows NT/2000 superior spec version any longer. I overlooked about education, but with Tesco's annual PC drive to offset any cuts they truly wanted to have been wandering to as a minimum Vista for at least the previous year/18 months, depending on the uses for the PCs. As well if they have not got storm of Office 2012 to go with this supposed Windows 8 then I think it will be just a streamlining for OEMs to comprise SP2 of Windows 7, rather than a total new OS that they are going to sell.

There are at standstill lots of applications which cannot run on windows 7 up till now and have to be run in a few sort of compatibility mode. Windows XP is stable, effective, and the whole thing is previously in place for it, so companies wouldn’t notice the point in upgrading, not to talk about saving on costs. I was accomplishing a work placement, and because they have a few sort of partnership going with Microsoft, they are in fact pushed to upgrade from windows XP to vista, and well what a fault that was. I bet other businesses that did the similar felt the similar way, and would be unwilling to upgrade OS in the future.