Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Is Blackberry Desktop Manager compatible with Ubuntu wubi?

Operating Systems

Old 15-04-2011

Is Blackberry Desktop Manager compatible with Ubuntu wubi?

I just wanted to know whether they are compatible with each other? I am asking this because I have just installed ubuntu in my cpu and I havenít realized that whether it will sync with blackberry or not? So I want to know whether I would be able to get the correct software for ubuntu so that I would be able to connect my blackberry phone with it. So any of you who can tell me if there is any good software for ubuntu then please do let me know about it.

Old 15-04-2011

Re: Is Blackberry Desktop Manager compatible with Ubuntu wubi?

No I donít think so there is any special software available for the ubuntu software such that it would be able to sync with the blackberry phone. So as such there is no such kind of softwareís available. I did try searching for the links in the different blackberry forums but sorry to say I did not get any of them. So thatís what I would like to say here and I must say that if you can, then try searching in the internet who knows you might get one. So thatís my suggestion for you do consider it.
Old 15-04-2011

See the desktop manager applications is being developed only for the windows and hence what I would say is that if you are having wine software then you would be easily able to use the desktop manager application for blackberry in the ubuntu. See wine is a software that will allow you to run any windows program in the Linux operating system. So as of now my suggestion would be to go and get the wine software and then try running the desktop manager application it will definitely work. So do carry on with the suggestion I am sure that it will be of great help for you.
Old 15-04-2011

Yes I completely agree with the above user, wine does play a very important role in solving the compatibility issueís especially if you are using the Linux operating system. In fact I am one of the Linux user who has successfully installed the desktop manager application and upon that for the applications to run successfully in it I had to add several dot net packages in it as well. So thatís what the point I am trying to make here do stress on it and I am sure it will be of good help for you.
Old 18-04-2011

Ok thanks for the suggestions, yes you were correct wine does play a very important role and how silly of me that I was not aware of that. So thanks for reminding me about the same, it was definitely of good help for me. So thanks a lot people I will definitely try with the recommendations that you all have given and make sure that it works out. Appreciate your efforts for helping me out here. So thanks a lot.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,