Thread: Black screen on power up

Black screen on power up

Hello friends. I owe a computer and my operating system is windows xp . Its creating worries for me. Whenever, I turn it on, the screen does not power up. The lights illuminate as it should, but the hdd one is the exception and I am also able to hear the fans. I am not able to figure out whether is an hdd issue. I had to power down because the system froze at the time of boot up on the windows is loading screen. Now, I am not able to see anything on the screen . please help what the issue can be. Thanks.

Re: Black screen on power up

It may have happened that the master boot is corrupted. In that case, basic input output system is able to see information which is not valid. You can recover from the master boot record by using microsofts fixmbr or fdisk mbr. Master boot code will be rewritten and hence the partition table will be intact. As you are a windows Xp user as you have mentioned, you will have to boot up with the help of windows installation disk. Then press windows recovery console and in the command prompt type fixmbr.

Hi. I guess the reason for the issue can be wrong settings in basic input output systems. The issue can be solved in a fairly simple way. In case you have any of the changes then you just again need to change as it was previously. In any case , if you cannot recollect then again start the computer and enter the delete button. Then go to either option in bios menu. You will be able to see the option of restoring to previous settings or setting all the settings to default. Again, start the computer. I hope the issue is solved.

It may have happened that you must have installed a defective peripheral interconnect component or in the other scenario hardware component must have failed. Check the graphic card and the cables. Delete any of the hardware that is installed very recently.Then again start the computer . I guess try what I have told you and this may guide you in a proper direction and help you to get back your screen .,

Hi. My advice would be that you boot with one module itself and remove all the media. Try changing the ram modules. Keep experimenting. The system should only include power supply, motherboard, 1xram, control processing unit and the fans. Usb, printers etc should not be connected. Once you get into basic input output system, then again shutdown the system and again connect the key board and 1x hdd. I guess following what I told will solve the issue. Thanks.

Firstly, I would advise you that if the if the system is in guarantee period, then better get it repaired . Now, I would like to tell you something that can help you in future. It may happen that you wont have the option to enter the basic input output system , that time just manually reset a jumper on the motherboard . So, before starting anything, just make sure that you have hardware manual ready with you. Well you can also search as well.