Thread: Firefox.exe is causing a blue screen of death in Windows 7

Firefox.exe is causing a blue screen of death in Windows 7

Hi, I am having a Compaq PC with windows 7 operating system. Yesterday when I was browsing the internet with Fire Fox web browser, a strange thing happened. My computer suddenly stopped with a blue screen. This is the first time I encountered with this type of problem since I changed the operating system from windows XP to windows 7. When I restarted the computer and scanned the system I found that Firefox.exe file was the cause.
    Can anyone suggest what I should do.

Re: Firefox.exe is causing a blue screen of death in Windows 7

Blue screen also known as blue screen of death is a critical error which stops the computer and reboots it. This is generally hardware or driver related issue which stops the program running on the system, in order to prevent damage. You said that while you were browsing Firefox web browser, the system crashed with the blue screen. There is a possibility of error with the Firefox software. So uninstall the Firefox and again reinstall it.

Blue screen of Death is usually caused due to software errors in the device drivers. It can also occur due to physical hardware fault like bad RAM memory, overheating of hardware components or overclocking. If Blue screen frequently appears on the screen then firstly check the RAM. Remove the RAM out of the slot, clean it and then replace it back. Now restart the computer and observe if the Blue screen problem is solved.

Blue screen of death, also known as stop error can moreover occur due to critical boot loader error. Here the operating system fails to boot from the hard drive due to corrupt system file. To eliminate this error you are required to boot the system with the help of windows setup CD and perform repair action. If repair action does not work then completely format the system and then install the drivers. Freshly install the Firefox browser software and then start browsing. This would definitely help you.

If the windows debugging tool detected the Firefox.exe file and you think for this reason, system is blue screened then try to eliminate it or just uninstall the Firefox browser software. Download the fresh copy of Firefox and install it. If still the Stop error occurs then run the windows 7 setup Cd and perform repair action. This will repair or fix the windows system file