Thread: 54 Dimension E310 sound errors on windows xp media center

54 Dimension E310 sound errors on windows xp media center

I have dell dimension E310 and I am facing some problem with sound in it. From dell official site I have downloaded necessary drivers from and installed in my dell all drivers works properly except audio drivers. I have try to install sigmatel drivers bur its also not working and same problems occurs again and again. i don't know what went wrong but now i am not able to rectify it is there anyone can help me out with it?

Re: 54 Dimension E310 sound errors on windows xp media center

First try to search in your system that is their any previously installed drivers exist or not if it is their then uninstall it and then try to reinstall using the new drivers which you have downloaded from other source or go to device manager and click on scan for hardware changes it may automatically detect the sound card and ask for motherboard disk by using that disk you can install drivers.

Thank you for your help. As you told I check my system but there is no previously installed drivers in my system and also it is not detecting the soundcard even when I restart my system then also it is no detecting the soundcard. I have also download the sigmatel driver but whenever I try to install it is showing incorrect drivers and it is not allowing me to install it in my pc. Now what should I do to solve it???

I tried to rectify your problem and i found one solution for it but before it One thing is that sigmatel audio is a chip on motherboard it is not a separate card.If you have tried to install sigmatel audio then Check in the device manager and look for the status of sigmatel audio if you found any error code note that then uninstall that and restart the pc when it starts again it should detect and reinstall the sigmatel audio.i hope this solution will be helpful to you.

Hey hi i am using dell E310 from last few month but from last few weeks I am also having same problem with dell. I have installed XP media edition and also sound driver provided by dell but after installing it there is no sound cumming. I have also tried audio drivers from dell site but after that also there is same problem occurring. I have spend so many time behind it. Is there anyone have some suggestion?? please reply me with helpful answers.