Thread: windows 7 user profile migration

windows 7 user profile migration

Windows Easy Transfer does not work the way I consider it be supposed to. Later than implementation the transfer of Windows it receives a look comparable to the original settings, but the configuration that desire to migrate behind. I'm talking about all the small adjustments to the registration stuff mousehoveractivate, description delay times, etc. Things that seem directed more toward transfer applications. Is there somewhat I'm misplaced? Possibly there is a way to get the settings directly from the registration and transfer that way?

Re: windows 7 user profile migration

I doubt that EasyTransfer will reimport settings that go against the reliability of the file system. AppData folders generally refer to the installed applications. Still at that moment, reimporting hidden AppData is a course of corruption, which defeats the purpose of resettlement, is clean and fresh. Note that Windows 7 to adjust the configuration of the system beyond normal almost always come back to bite. Be sure to check our forum is locked if they persist.

I'm not sure that you appreciate me correctly. I do not care Appdata. I would like to transfer the look and configuration of the Windows user interface itself. Maybe I have to find roaming profiles? Maybe I have to start typing all registry settings that I accomplish from now on. It seems that there must be a superior technique. Please suggest you useful reply to solve my problem. I am waiting for your useful replies. Thank you.

I have referred to program data, because this is where your settings are stored and have been re-imported. As noted, this may also be considered as a way of corruption of an old facility in a clean, fresh installation. Moreover, as Windows 7 is not re-import registry settings and files that are altering the system's operating system and are seen as corruption. Windows 7 is not XP, needs no adjustment beyond normal system configuration - approximately for all time comes back to bite you, like it or not.

I've positively been out of the game for a sometime, but Windows XP back in the day as soon as a user required to transition from a local profile to domain profile or domain to domain, etc, have to copy / paste the previous profile to the present folder, regardless of some files. Is there a better way to do this in Windows 7, or in a paper on a method to help users make the change? Right now I include a friend in a domain that was locate the technique they liked, their server crashed and now it has gone as far as you want to convert and use a local profile for the community to abandon the old domain. Any ideas?

I think you are able to only create a local user, then copy the data on the age profile in the new local profile and then have the user logon to the local profile. This should get what you need in the local profile. The profile folder you need is stored in the folder "Users" now instead of "Program Files" folder. Let me know how it goes for you I want to know if it still works like I recognize you are able to perform this in windows XP.