Thread: I can boot my computer... but i can't!

Exclamation I can boot my computer... but i can't!

Yesterday, (April 10,2011) i was able to get use my Dell N5010 just fine. (I'm using windows 7) And today (April 11, 2011) I can't log on to my computer! It doesn't boot properly for one. It starts to but then it brings me to a screen that says.

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.

If Windows files have been damaged or configured incorrectly, Startup Repair can help diagnose and fix the problem. If power was interrupted during startup, choose Start Windows Normally.
    (Use the arrow keys to highlight your choice.)

Launch Startup Repair (recommended)
    Start Windows Normally
    Description: ...( gives a description of the highlighted option.)

So i tried to Launch the startup repair and it seems to work. It leads me to a black screen and says( with a loading bar) Windows is loading files...

After that it brings me to my login screen but thats where everythings wrong. I've read a couple threads and it says their screen is black and the mouse is there but my computer loads the background i normally have and the mouse. Except the mouse is bigger than it should be and the log in box and graphics are gone. I can't do anything at that point.
    I tried restarting it and trying over and over again both options but the Start Windows Normally seems to start to work at first to. It blinks this blue screen with i guess an error or something ( it says a lot and it has a lot of numbers on it) but it literally blinks and then restarts the whole process over.

I also tried making a System Restore disk ( on of my family members has the exact same computer so i made one from there but this hasn't happened to them and i don't know what else to try) and i put it into my computer but it doesn't read it at all and just follows the procedure i described before.

Can someone please help me?

Re: I can boot my computer... but i can't!

There might be many of the possible reasons for this. If you want then you can see the threads given below. As they have also discussed about the same problem so I am sure that you will get some idea from there. Try the solution posted there and see if that helps you. If that cannot solve the problem then you can post back and we will provide you some other possible solution for this.

Computer Cannot Load Operating System
    I cannot start the computer