Thread: Error code 43: USB not recognized

Error code 43: USB not recognized

Today I tried to use my pen drive with my laptop and when I inserted the pen drive to that then it shows me the error message which says 'USB Not Recognized'. It was having the error code 43. I tried the same pen drive on another computer and there it was getting detected without any problem. This ensures that the problem is with the laptop and not the pen drive. Can you tell me that what the possible reason for the problem is? I will appreciate if anyone can help me with this.

Re: Error code 43: USB not recognized

The port you are using to connect the pen drive might be faulty and that is the reason that you getting the problem like this. So you can try to use some other port and see if that is able to detect there. You can also check by connecting some other USB devices like keyboard, mouse or the joystick and see if that is able to get detected without any problem. Reply with the result so that we can assist you further.

In the cases like this, the very first thing that you can try is to install the USB controller drivers over again and see if that can resolve the issue for you. I am saying that you should try it first because I have seen many of the cases like this where the reason for the issue comes out to be with the driver and installing the driver will resolve the issue. Please reply back if that resolves the issue for you.

You can start recognition of USB device through Device Manager
    To start recognition of USB device through using Device Manager you can go to below steps:
    1. First of all click on the Start and click on the Run and type Devmgmt.msc.
    2. Press OK and that will open the Device Manager window.
    3. Click to choose your computer as location intended for the scan.
    4. On Action menu, select Scan for hardware changes.

Windows XP identifies the new device.
    5. Shut the Device Manager window.

If this technique resolves the problem then you are done.

To start recognition of USB device, you will have to initially remove the USB device and reboot the computer. After that, wait for five to ten seconds previous to you connect the USB device to computer otherwise laptop. Check if that gets detected after that. Or changing the USB port can also help you. Make sure that the USB ports are not disabled form the device manager. If that is true then enable it first before connecting it to your laptop.