Thread: How to customize windows 7 explorer?

How to customize windows 7 explorer?

I was using Windows XP from a long time and now I upgraded to Windows 7. Guys I need your help to customize the explorer of windows 7 which was quite easy in Windows XP I use to change width of scrollbars, font size on the pop-up window, background color of pop-up mesaages and also I was ablt to customize the font style, size , type and colors of the bars. It was easy to change cursor and sound notifications in XP. And all of that with just an option after a right click on desktop. But I don’t know how to do these things in Windows 7 please help if anybody knows these stuffs. And I also want to remove some font and pictures which come with the OS. Please guide me.

Re: How to customize windows 7 explorer?

Don’t worry mate you can also do it with Windows 7 as well and in the same way as you used to do it windows XP. Even I wanted those customization options in Windows 7 so searched through these forums and google and I found out the “Classic Shell” which you can search it on Google and then download it, after downloading it you will be able to access same customization features which were in XP but not in Windows 7 and windows Vista.

Ya, that is a good option for other features which are not in XP but you can customize the things without installing that application, I was just testing the tools and application of Windows 7 and I did not remember where I have found the option of customizing the font size, type, style etc. then I searched it about it on google and found the solution, Go to start then in run type cmd and then type “metrics” and hit enter. Then you will get a program called “Chang windows colors and Metrics”.

Hey I am using Windows 7 as well but I am able to change the font size, style, type etc. In windows XP we have to right click on the desktop and then we use to select “personalize” I did not remember the name of the option exactly. But I am doing it in a same way as we use to do it in windows XP. Just right click on the Windows 7 screen and personalize your settings i.e font size etc. and desktop screen settings, resolution etc.

Thanks guys for helping me out, normally I put my own settings for my screen that’s why I was looking for these customizing settings. Dude I did not found “Personalize” after right click on the desktop, so I tried the cmd option and it worked for me, but I guess color option is unnecessary and it’s quite same as it was in windows XP I was expecting many things in customization in windows 7, this was quite disappointing. Anyways guys, thanks a lot for helping me out.