Thread: Cannot find regsvr.exe on windows startup

Cannot find regsvr.exe on windows startup

Friends, I am having the Windows XP installed on my computer that was running without any problem for about 1 week. After this it started showing me some error message. Actually whenever I start my computer then it shows me the message that says “Windows cannot find regsvr.exe”. I have no idea that why this message is coming on my computer or what happened to the system. I have not done anything new to my computer and also not installed any other software to it. Please provide me some steps by which this can be resolved. Thank you in advance.

Re: Cannot find regsvr.exe on windows startup

I would like to tell you that the Regsvr.exe is also known as the newfolder.exe virus. This is nothing but the constituent of numerous Trojans as well as worms for example WebMoney-G Trojan, Worm_Delf.FKZ with W32.Imaut that are extend during detachable storage devices. The worms normally make an autorun.inf file designed for mechanical execution, accidental folders as well as a registry entry to facilitate its mechanical execution upon computer startup. In addition to preparation of a task for mechanical launch at precise dates and times.

You can immobilize regsvr start up entries through running msconfig as of run exit devoid of restarting. Remove At1 task as of scheduled tasks. Now go to Group Policy through running gpedit.msc otherwise whatsoever you consider simple. Move to users configuration > Administrative templates > system and see for “prevent access to registry editing tools” and modify thish choice to disable. After this go to registry editor through running regedit and look for regsvr.exe .remove every entry associated to regsvr.exe.

As you told that your computer was working fine for one week. So if that is the case then you can make use of the “System restore” and see if that can solve the problem for you. If you go to the system tools then you will get one of the tools as “System Restore”. Select that and as you open that then it will ask you the date on which you wish to restore the system. Select the date when your computer was working well. After that click on restore button and now rest of the things will be dome by it automatically. It might take some time but let it be completed. Once it is complete with the process then it will restart the computer and the problem will be solved. I wish you will be out of the trouble soon.

Some of the files of the operating system in your computer are missing and that is the reason that you are getting that issue. You can do a repair to your computer. It will rebuild all the missing files from your computer. Take the bootable OS CD and boot from that CD. When it asks you for the type of installation then you will have to select the option to repair. After that it will start the process of repair. Finally it will restart the computer and you will get your computer on working condition again.

Here is the solution for the problem that you are facing. All you have to do is to open the registry editor. For that, you will have to type regedit in the run box and press enter. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon ans see for the entry “Explorer.exe regsvr.exe” that will be on the right side of the window. You will have to change this key and remove the regsvr.exe from that and make the key value as “Explorer.exe”. I hope that this will resolve the problem for you.