Thread: Unable to install Linux Operating System on Dell laptop

Unable to install Linux Operating System on Dell laptop

Hello, five years before I have purchased the Dell Vostro 1000 laptop. The configuration of this laptop is to be the AMD athlon 64 X2 TK-53 1.7 GH processor with the 512MB DDR2 RAM and the 80GB hard disk. In that time, I have installed the windows XP operating system and it works very well. Last two days I am try to install the different types of Linux operating system but it will not successfully install. I have try the Linux based ubuntu, netbook ubuntu, xubuntu and fedora operating system but this four OS installation goes failed. Any type of suggestions will be appreciates

Re: Unable to install Linux Operating System on Dell laptop

Hey dude, the laptop you use in the today’s world is not so helpful for the advanced facility. The RAM presents in the Dell Vostro 1000 laptop is to be 512GB and today’s highly configured OS does not work on this type of small size RAM. This type of Linux operating system needs the high range of the primary memory and hence you need to increase the DDR2 RAM of the Dell Vostro 1000 laptop. If you increase the size of the RAM then this might be helpful you to install the Linux based Operating system.

Hey, the Dell Vostro 1000 laptop you use is so old type of laptop and the configurations of this laptop is so older fashion. The first step you need to read the manual of the Dell Vostro 1000 laptop. It will show that this laptop will be supports the Linux based operating system or not. If this laptop supports the Linux based operating system then you need to understand the correct installation process of the Linux based laptop. After understanding this concept there might be possible that you are able to install the Linux based operating system on the Dell Vostro 1000 laptop.

The dell laptop is you used is one of the famous laptop in that time. May be you does not know but the Dell Vostro 1000 laptop is supports the Linux based operating system such as Ubuntu 7.10, Ubuntu 8.10 and Kubuntu 8.04. For installing this operating system you need to firstly format the whole hard disk because this Linux operating system creates the root directory of the hard disk. After formatting process use the correct installation process to install this operating system. This may be helping you to solve the issue.

Hey I also faced the same issue in the previous days. I have not able to install the any Linux based operating system into the Dell Vostro laptop. I have tried two to three times to install the Linux base operating system such as ubuntu, fedora etc. but both the times the operations is failed and we are not able to install the Linux operating system. Then after that I have completely format the hard disk and install the windows 7 operating system and surprisingly it works. Finally I have work on the windows 7 operating system.