Thread: Image loading error "C:\WINDOWS\system32\shimgvw.dll"

Image loading error "C:\WINDOWS\system32\shimgvw.dll"

Recently I have installed the windows XP on mine system and last night I have got some error while operating the system. The error started with the image. Mine system was not showing thumbnails option on the windows explorer. I have tried to solve this but I didn’t have any solution on this. After that I have tried to open the jpg image on Windows Picture and Fax Viewer but while doing this I was got the error saying that:” Error loading C:\WINDOWS\system32\shimgvw.dll The system cannot find the file specified”. After that I have tried to search that and it’s existing. Now I don’t know how to solve this issue. Can anyone suggest on this.

Re: Image loading error "C:\WINDOWS\system32\shimgvw.dll"

I would like to suggest you the following things and so that you can solve your issue. To do this you need to have the windows XP installation CD. Now insert the installation CD on your system and after that go to the command prompt. To do this go to start and after that make hit on the run and now under the run type cmd and then hit the ok button. Now under the command prompt type the following and then hit the enter:
    EXPAND X:\i386\SHIMGVW.DL_ %WINDIR%\SYSTEM32\SHIMGVW.DLL
    (here X is a CD Drive letter).
    Now here copy this SHIMGVW.DLL and after that paste it on the C:\WINDOWS\system32\ folder. Once you complete this go through your issue.

Hello thanks for r4eplying and I would appreciate your suggestion. I have tried your suggestion but it doesn’t help me to solve mine issue. As you said I insert the mine installation CD and after that I went to the command prompt and type the EXPAND E:\i386\SHIMGVW.DL_ %WINDIR%\SYSTEM32\SHIMGVW.DLL. But it doesn’t works when I hit the enter key I have got the error and after that command prompt was closed. Now I don’t know how to solve this issue. Can anyone suggest on this and so that I can solve mine issue.

I have gone through this same issue and I would like to suggest you the following steps and so that you can solve your issue. To do this go to the start icon and after that make hit on the run and under the run program type cmd and then hit the ok button. Now under the command prompt type they following and then hit the ok button:
    REGSVR32 SHIMGVW.DLL
    While you hit the enter you will get the message saying that "DllRegisterServer in SHIMGVW.DLL succeeded" and after that close the command prompt and then your issue will get solved.

According to me I would like to suggest you the following steps and so that you can solve your issue. To do this go the start and after that make hit on my computer. Now under the windows explorer go to the following location C:\WINDOWS\system32\ folder and after that under this folder search for the shimgvw.dll and then rename it as old_ shimgvw.dll. now once you complete this, download the new shimgvw.dll from here: click me to download. Once you complete the downloading and after that run this file and after that restart your system.

I would like to suggest you to perform the system file checker and so that you can solve your issue. To do this go to the start icon and after that make select on the run and under that write cmd and then hit the ok button. Now under the command prompt type the following and then hit the enter.
    Sfc/scannow
    Now your system will starts the scanning and once you finish this restart your system and after that go through your issue.