Thread: Windows 7 install Error Code: 0xc0000142

Windows 7 install Error Code: 0xc0000142

Hello, I have small issue on mine operating system. Mine system was attacked by virus and after that when restart I get the blue screen death on every startup. So therefore I think to reinstall the windows 7 and to do this I have inserted mine windows 7 installation CD and while restarting system to install the windows 7, I got the error saying that” The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142)." And on this error dialog I have clicked the ok and after that i have logged on and after that I got the popup. The popup is to enter the password and domain which I don’t have. Now I don’t know how to solve this and so that I can install the windows 7, can anyone suggest on this.

Re: Windows 7 install Error Code: 0xc0000142

I would like to suggest you to boot your system and so that you can solve your issue. To do this first you need to take the backup of your system on the external device. Now once you complete the backup, remove the external device and after that restart your system. While restarts carefully look bottom of the screen and at the bottom you will get the option of “press {key} to enter the setup. Once you see that hit that key and after that you get boot application and under that go to the boot menu by using the > arrow key. Now on the boot option select the option CD-ROM drive to boot first and after that once you complete hit the F10 key to save. Once you complete these steps and after that go through your issue.

I have gone through this same issue and after long searching, I come to know that I am using the Enterprise edition which uses volume licensing for company, business etc and this installation CD won’t work for you. So therefore you’re getting the option to enter the domain and password. So would like to advise you to purchase the new installation CD of windows 7 for PC and after that try to install the windows 7. While purchasing the installation CD make sure that you have purchased the genuine CD. I hope this helps.

Hello thanks for replying. I have gone through your all steps but I didn’t have the any suggestion on mine system. I have changed mine boot to CD drive but after that when I try to install the windows I got the same issue. And after that I have also gone through this second reply as well. I am sure that I have windows 7 for home edition. Because I have got this installation CD free from the manufacture while purchasing the system and also when I try install the windows 7 before 3 weeks it works without any issue. Can anyone help on this, I can even operate mine system.

I would like to suggest you to install the MediaBootInstall.reg and so that you can solve your issue. To download this click here.now once you click on this link hit the save button and after that save the file in desktop. After finishing the downloading now install this downloaded file and after that go through this following step. Go to the start and after that make hit on the run and under that type cmd and then hit the ok button. Now under the command prompt type the following and then hit enter:
    slmgr –rearm
    After hitting the enter, you will get the dialog box saying that command successfully completed and under that hit that hit ok button. Now restart your system and then try to install the windows 7 manually. I hope this helps.

I would suggest starting DISKPART and so you can solve your problem. To do this go to the start and after that make a hit on the program and now under the program all go to accessories and after making a hit in the command prompt. Now, under the command prompt type the following and press Enter after each command.
    Diskpart
    list disk
    select disk # (here # means number of driver)
    clean a
    ll
    Now the message says that "Diskpart has cleared the record" and after that the output of new type and then click on the companies. Now, after this reboot and after that go to the trouble.