Thread: Getting unexpected error (769) occurred

Getting unexpected error (769) occurred

Friends, I have installed the a new motherboard DP55KG that is having the Intel i7 chip and new SATA drive. After that when I attempted to install the Windows XP on it then it shows me the message which says “Unexpected error (769) occurred at line 5218 in d:\xpsprtm\base\boot\setup\setup.c”. I am not able to understand that why it is showing me this message as it is the first time I am getting this. Is there anyone who has faced this problem and know that how can it be resolved then please let me know about this. Thank you so much in advance for reading and replying to this post.

Re: Getting unexpected error (769) occurred

This error might occur if the setup is not able to write the disk signature. I would like to tell you that some computers encompass a BIOS option that will help you to allow protection of master boot record (MBR) as well as boot sector. If this choice is turned on then the Setup is not equipped to write the disk signature otherwise create or remove partitions throughout Setup. I am not very sure about this but it can be taken as one of the most possible reasons for this.

Hey, here is the solution for the issue that you are facing at the time.
    1. First of all, you will have to immobilize the hyperthreading and reduce number of CPU cores to one within motherboard setup.
    2. Now, install Windows XP that includes Intel drivers an actualization
    3. Permit hyperthreading and put number of CPU cores on two within motherboard setup.

That is it and now the Windows XP should function generally.

I think that there is some problem with the BIOS setting in your computer and that is the reason that you are getting the issues like this. My suggestion to you is to reset the BIOS to its default settings and then try to do the setup once again to see if that can solve the problem for you. I am saying this to you because I have seen some of the cases like this where resetting the BIOS solves the problem and I wish that it will do the same for you.

I was also getting similar error when I was attempting to boot as of a Windows XP install disk (Pro as well as Home). I was also having the error which I had an unacceptable system disk while I was booting, that is the reason that I needed to boot as of an install disk and acquire to Recovery Console. Finally it turns out that I have plugged in a USB data transfer cable. I was diffident this system and needed to relocate the data through an YFC-BonEagle USB data transfer cable. I didn't believe that my BIOS was put to boot as of a USB device. I removed the USB cable and then computer booted just okay. I wish that this will help you.

It might be some problem with the Windows XP CD from where you are trying to install the operating system on your computer. If you want to check that then you can take a fresh copy of the disk and then try to install that from the new CD. If the problem was with the operating CD then this time you will get any of the issues like this. Please reply back if this helps you.