Thread: Unable to open System recovery on windows vista

Unable to open System recovery on windows vista

I am using the windows vista on mine system. Recently, my computer has detected a virus or something nasty that I cannot place. I caused the problem with most of my programs will not open. When I try open the any program it give option of “open with”. I thought it would a system restore because it has worked before in the past to get rid of these problems, but not a single problem with it - System Restore is one of the three quarters gives me the "Open With" option. I tried a couple of different methods to solve this problem - including the troubleshooting page - but nothing works. Can anyone help me to just get open again, and who can fix things there?

Re: Unable to open System recovery on windows vista

I would like to suggest you the following steps and so that you can solve your issue. To do these follow the steps below and after that go through your issue. First open the start menu and after that make hit on the control panel. Now under the control panel go to the folder option and after that click on the file type. Now under this make hit on the advance button and under those type exe on the text box and then choose your application in the drop down menu. Once you complete this hit on the ok button and after that go through your issue.

Hello thanks for replying and I would appreciate your suggestion. I have tried your steps but it doesn’t helped me lot. I have made the application as exe but after that when I went to open the application it give me the same error. I have tried lots of time but I get the same error. Mine friend was suggesting me to download the Ad-Aware Full Scan and after that mine issue get solved. But afraid to download it because I don’t have any antivirus and while downloading mine system might be affected by the virus. Can anyone suggest on this.

I have gone through same issue and I would like to suggest you the following steps and so that you can solve your issue. To do this go to the start and after that make hit on the search. Now under the search type rundll32.exe on the text box, after that select your local drive C and after that make hit on the Enable Search Hidden Files and Folder from Advanced Features. Now hit on the search button and under that search for the rundll32 file and then make right click on the rundll32 file and then choose the Open folder location and after that delete this file. Once you complete this restart your system and after that go through your issue.

I would like to suggest you the following steps and after that you cans solve your issue. To do these download the HJTsetup.exe from here and once you complete the download go to the download folder and after that extract file and after that install the HJTsetup.exe. Now once you complete the setup and after that run the this software and then go through your issue.

The following are the steps to create the system recovery: first insert your installation CD in your system and after that restart your system. While restarting your system press or hit the r key from the keyboard constantly. Now once you hitting this you will get the recovery screen. Under that select the recovery option and after that accept your terms and condition and then follow the steps given in the windows. Once you complete the recovery then restart you system in the normal mode and after that go through your issue.

I would like to suggest you the following steps and after that you can solve your issue. To do this restart your system and after that hit or press the F8 button from the keyboard constantly and after that you will get the several option and under that select the safemode with networking. Once you login with the safemode networking then go to some official website and after that install some malwarebytes and after that run the malwarebytes. Once you complete the scanning restart your system in normal mode and after that go through your issue.