Thread: Windows 7: What is Error 13 on startup how to resolve it ?

Windows 7: What is Error 13 on startup how to resolve it ?

Hey guys, can anyone tell me what error message 13 is?
    I have recently done installation of Windows 7 on my Computer as I don’t know about any kind of problems I used Orbit toolkit, I have many time seen that so many people are facing the same problem through which I am suffering right now, many people are using windows 7 Recovery Disk, I have also made a copy of it on to DVD but when I go to BIOS setting and when I put DVD nothing happens it only goes to Chainloader and bootmanager.

It is showing some error on start up like:
    Error 13: Invalid or unsupported executable format. Press any key to continue...
    and when I press any key from keyboard, I just get throught to the red colored GRUB4DOS SCREEN, I m tired of doing it again and again but I am not able to come out of it, is there anyone who can help and get me out of this? Your help is highly appreciated thanks a lot in advance

Re: Windows 7: What is Error 13 on startup how to resolve it ?

Hey I have read your post the problem which you are facing is not so big, you have written on your post is that you have installed windows 7 right? Its totally fine if you are using windows 7 then why don’t you try orbit loader. Using orbit loader you might not be facing problem in restarting, if it dosent work with you then you can read in repository about how to how to repair start up problem in Section 6-H, you just have to check is does it remove any loaders from boot partitions. It seem like that you are using RTM (Released to manufacture) is that true?

All the best you’ll fix your problem now..

For more info, see this: Error 13 in Slic

The same error does occur using some other loader on various Gigabytes motherboard. You just have to take care about SLIC/SLP versions is present and correct in the BIOs when using the tool. I have already tried and rebuild the process of creating modified BIOS. You just confirm that you are booting from disc. If you are not booting from disc, then just go to BIOS setting change the boot priority to Cd drive save all the setting and then reboot the system, I m sure you will fix your problem

If you think this problem occurs due to motherboard and you are planning to change that motherboard, so I personally suggest you that please don’t change or modify it, it is going to work because my motherboard worked before getting stuck. Mostly you face such problem by doing some unnecessary changes to BIOS setting. Don’t make such changes without having prior knowledge. Its not the mistake of board and modifying BIOS.