Thread: Unable to install Windows XP in Ubuntu pc

Unable to install Windows XP in Ubuntu pc

I have an old PC, old PC very well. Ubuntu has it. There had been activated in years and had a lot of changes. Once I did that was in poor condition and would not work again. Now is a type error (which is not on, so I'm not sure what it is, you can provide it later if necessary.) I would like to put a basic copy of Windows XP on it so you can use the PC for children and for Netflix to the TV, and connect the Nintendo DS. If I put any disc in the CD-ROM, it does nothing. I even tried putting old Ubuntu to return back to when I was working. I have very little knowledge of Ubuntu to an old friend that I am not contacted to help me and I was teaching. Now if the problem can be fixed and still lets me do all the things I want to do, I have a problem keep Ubuntu on that as many great games for children. If possible you may receive an email alert is not a response to my ad? Thanks in advance for everything!

Re: Unable to install Windows XP in Ubuntu pc

The hard drive is bad. It is possible that a connector is loose and needs replacing, but I doubt it. I think it has given up the ghost. Wait, I just read things and have two hard drives in the pc? Make the hard drives used as well as before and have been a good bridge for master / slave orientation? Try unplugging the wide ribbon cable second hard drive and see if the system is able to recognize the hard drive.

There are two hard drives and was written by a friend who knows pc's in and out, etc. He is the one I have with Linux / Ubuntu. But I do not know ding about it! I did not open this pc before finding out more here. It was up and running, I updated and pc went crazy and I got a message from the kernel. I cannot tell if properly configured, can only assume so from the PC running before the upgrade. I had not turned on for a couple of years and was playing with it and use it to Netflix, it is not good for much. Maybe a boat anchor. So, of course, wanted to update. Thanks I'll see what I can do about gambling with the future of the hard disk. I'll keep everyone informed.

Here I would like to add something in this case. This leads me to believe that
    1. It is not so much a problem with the hard drive (although it might be contributing) as there is a kernel was installed to bypass the old hardware cannot,
    2. It does not have a functional machine,
    3. The i486 distributions in a previous post mentioned needed to be upgraded RAM, and
    4. Hard drives were wiped individually before you use them again.

Ubuntu has left the oldest teams on the road for dead in a conscious decision to promote only the new hardware. It started with Maverick Meerkat (10.10). As a result of canons of decision, nobody can run computers like yours with any 'buntu over the latest LTS (10.04) - the kernel does not support them. This is why your PC crashed. Besides, my scruples would not let me to assist further, and insist on the use of Netflix. This requires Windows and have taken a stand against the use of Windows.

And I have Netflix, Netflix payment, which can go on my Wii so my disabled father to see. This saves more than $ pay Direct TV for re-runs on their movie channels. It's cheap. And we can sort DVDs. My father has no idea how to use a PC. It makes us buy him a newspaper so you can read the sports section instead of learning to use a computer and check for free. It's one of those people irritable. It will not play the Wii, even bowling because it confused as to when the push buttons and stuff.