Thread: Ubuntu support for Asus Xonar DG

Ubuntu support for Asus Xonar DG

Hello guys I am thinking to pay money for the XONAR DG for my HTPC. I would approximating to be acquainted with if the XONAR DG chipset CMI8786 is completely maintained under Ubuntu In exacting if the optical digital output SPDIF performs and if it hold DTS/DD to SPDIF out. I try to find about this on internet but no success. Please can anyone suggest me what I have to do with this query. All replies are appreciated. I am waiting for your replies thank you.

Re: Ubuntu support for Asus Xonar DG

Well I am fearful Xonar is not completely supported underneath Ubuntu at the instant. With any luck, we possibly will attempt to establish Xonar in Linux system in the opportunities. At this moment in time, the Xonar DG is not maintaining by any means, however I am working on it. If anyone has any information about this then please share with me even I try to contact with Asus help centers but unable to collect the important information about this. So please help me.

Hello can anyone tell me regarding linux alsa maintain regarding this card?? I observe a probable tag at the matrix used for it however couldn't become successful work. I make use of opensuse 11.3 in the company of the extremely newest built of alsa 1.0.23 from git precompiled packages although no luck at all during it. Alsaconf does not discover any cards that can identify on the machine. Will the DG card be maintained at the subsequently version of alsa??

DX, D1, D2X, D2 work of the box with version 1.0.23 of alsa, DS performs, other than has a number of infection, the most expensive I think they are for special situations, so do not bother to check if they work. DG is NOT working at all for the moment that uses the onboard audio terrible for my Linux system. My old DX was working excellent. I would highly recommend you buy a card Xonar DX, not repent. I hope this will help you. Thank you.

I comprise two good and bad news, users Ubuntu first two good one. Sound works in Ubuntu 4.11 2. The sound quality is enough; you can safely go in combat with Creative Audigy 2 ZS and now two bad one. Do not work for the headphone amplifier, the sound of quiet to. Front panel not functioning, taking the entire the pros and cons / Ubuntu sound quality very good, users Ubuntu blessed sound extremely superior by the side of Asus Xosar Dg.