Thread: Windows 7 boot sequence consumes 4 minutes

Windows 7 boot sequence consumes 4 minutes

I am having the Compaq PC which I bought 3 months back and that is with the AMD Sempron 2.7 Ghz and 2.00 GB of RAM. My computer consumes 4 minutes to boot. To solve the problem, I have solved all the non-essential external devices from my computer but that was not able to solve the problem. Do you have any idea that why it is taking such a long time to boot and how can I resolve this problem. Any helpful suggestion on this problem will be really appreciated.

Re: Windows 7 boot sequence consumes 4 minutes

You can also immobilize startup services which are needless and just run into the background. Go to Start -> run -> msconfig. Click on startup tab and deselect services which don’t need to be run all the time for example qttask, adobearm etc that you can end. You must also make out that a Sempron is not the most excellent chip within world and through its minute L2 cache it can't hold a lot at once. Probably adding an additional 2 GB of ram may help as well. But I would begin with stopping avoidable start up programs as well as removing extra programs as of the control panel.

I am agree with the above suggestion but other than you can also make use of the program known as ccleaner and defraggler. Once you have uninstalled equipment, you can clear up your computer. ccleaner will provide you the options to clean the registry and as well clean out files whixh are on your computer. Subsequent to that Defraggler will defrag the computer and you be supposed to perceive some performance increase. I wish that this will help you.

If you have totally wiped the computer and installed Windows 7, you are most likely looking at dying hard drive otherwise faulty RAM. You can attempt to install on a dissimilar hard drive if you encompass one accessible otherwise download Seagate's Seatools. I would like to tell you that this tool is not Seagate hard drive precise. It might be used on hard drives as of some manufacturer. For RAM matter, download MemTest86+. Let the analysis go through as a minimum one absolute pass previous to considering the ram to be performing correctly.

This is a extremely ordinary misapprehension. When hard drive is formatted, every file fragments are basically removed. While Windows is installed again, the usual write scheme is utilized that writes files toward the hard drive within fragments. After a complete reinstall, when the hard drive is fragmented and If you were having Linux then NTFS is no better in stare to write fragmented files than FAT16 otherwise FAT32. In the majority cases, you be able to download the assessment copy for Diskeeper Professional, that is a 30-day trial, and observe an development in presentation in 2-3 days by only allowing the mechanical defrag to do its fixation. Manual Defrag will pace things up a bit.

Just set up a immediate test on VMware to verify this, and the rate of fragmentation in the volume was 1%. While they were obviously right in saying that when installing Windows writes files to the unit, which are fragmented. I do not think the problem is almost as bad as you make it be. The unit is the most fragmented after a complete reinstall.