Thread: An empty Folder stuck on my desktop

An empty Folder stuck on my desktop

Currently, I am facing a small but strange problem with my computer. From last one week, I can see that there is one empty Folder on my desktop. I have not created that folder. This comes automatically and I don’t know how. Whenever I try to open that then it shows me the message which says that this folder is not available because information may have been moved to some other location. I also tried to delete that but again it shows me the message which says “Cannot read from the source file or disk”. It is not creating any problem for me but I don’t like to have that unnecessary folder on my desktop. Please tell me that how can I remove that.

Re: An empty Folder stuck on my desktop

If you are not able to delete that in normal mode then you can delete that by logging in safe mode. Just press the restart button on your computer and keep pressing the F8 key. This will let you to the new screen from where you can select the safe mode. Now delete the folder from your desktop. Once you have deleted that form the computer then you can again reboot your computer and start the computer in normal XP mode. Just try this and see if that can solve the problem for you.

There is a software Known as Unlocker. This will also help you to delete any of the file that cannot be deleted normally due to some unknown reason. Just search for this on google and download the installer for that. Install that on your computer. After installing that when you right click on that folder then you will get one additional option as unlocker. Select that option and you will get a small unlocker window. Select delete from the dropdown list and press OK. This will delete that folder from your computer. This is not only for this folder. You can apply that on any of the folders. I am quite sure that this will help you remove that folder from your computer.

There might be some problem in the hard drive that you are using and that is the reason that you are getting such a random folder on your desktop that is not able to delete. If you w ant to remove that then you can run Chkdsk on your computer. This will scan your hard drive for any kind of bug and correct that accordingly. Once it is completed with the process then you will get the detailed report of the process and that folder can also be removed from your desktop. Please reply back if that solves the issue for you.

You can see if that is showing in the namespace key and if that is there then you can perform the following method to solve the problem. Go to Start > Run and type regedit there. Press enter and this will open the registry editor. Go to HKEY_LOCAL MACHINE>Software>Microsoft>Windows>Current Version>Explorer>Desktop>Namespace. Click on the entries from left side and see the descriptions in left panel. If you discover the folder then remove its left-side entry. Don’t delete something else. You should pay great care when working within Registry.

Hey do not worry about this solution because I have related to this and I'm sure this will work for you. First, download and install on your PC Unlocker. And after you click the folder and select Unlocker voice ... UAC takes control in the window that opens, if it tells you that the folder "foldername is blocked by the process of" Process_Name, unlock, and then click Delete. If you do not succeed, do this procedure for the safe and if not resolved, then creates a small partition of 1 MB: D, and move in mysterious folder, then format, this small partition Thus, in the form, delete the folder inside.