Thread: Low disk space popup after complete data loss

Low disk space popup after complete data loss

I am facing some strange problem with my computer. When I” turned on my computer today then I found that all the data which were stored in my computer were lost like pictures, Office documents and all. After a few seconds, it started showing me the message which says “Low disk space”. Now every time when I start my computer then it shows me the same message. Can you tell me that why this happens to me and if there is any way to recover those data? Thank you.

Re: Low disk space popup after complete data loss

This looks like System Restore as well as temporary files is consuming the space within your hard drive but it is possible that you can recover those very easily. To do that, you can make use of the Disk Cleanup utility and this will take out files as well as system restore points which you can carefully remove. To do this, just click on start and select Run from there. In the run box, type cleanmgr and hit enter. This will start the process. I hope that you will not get that problem after this.

I think that your hard drive is running beyond space and that is the reason that it removes the older files from hard disk. You should either remove something that is not required to create additional space or purchase a larger hard drive for the pc than you encompass at moment. In fact you unhappily don't appear to contain backup of the files therefore to pick up them you might make use of a recovery program that might help. This is the only thing that I can recommend you at the time and hope that this will help you.

There is one more way where there is a chance that the lost data can be recovered and you will not get the issues like this again. All you have to use is the System Restore feature in your computer. If you want to do that then you will find that in the System tools in your computer. Run that and select the date when your system was working properly. After that, click on Restore. This will restore all the settings to that point of time and the issue might be resolved. So try this and let us know if that solved the problem for you.

You have not mentioned that what is the operating system that you have installed in your computer. Anyway, if you are halving the Windows XP into your computer then I would like to tell you that you can make use of the Disk Cleanup Wizard. This will remove all the buggy things from your computer and your problem will be resolved. If you want then you can read this article and this will tell you that what are the possible condition that can give you the "Low Disk Space" message.

From my point of view may be a problem due to the hard drive in particular. So I suggest you connect the hard drive to another system is not able to see the data or not. Is it visible what is not getting free space on the machine currently connected? And what is the space that were in his system. If you are getting the free space as the media because of a serious fault that your data has been erased.