Thread: Changing the OEM information on Computer System Information Screen

Changing the OEM information on Computer System Information Screen

Well I am having Acer laptop. I really love the laptop of mine. I am looking to set the computer system information so that whenever Acer logo appears on the screen it would display the properties of the system of mine. let me know if you are aware about the any utility which will allow you to set the OEM information on the computer of yours. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours for this particular thing. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Changing the OEM information on Computer System Information Screen

I am suggesting the following thing which you should apply and see whether there is any difference in the situation. Make sure that you have created the logo file and save the same into the system32 folder of the computer. the logo should be saved into the .bmp file.
    • You have to click on the Start button and launch the command prompt on the computer. you have enter cmd in to the Run and press enter.
    • Now use ‘set system’ without using quotes.
    • You have to search for the systemroot and simply copy the logo which you have created to the system32 subfolder of the computer. finally you need to rename the same as emlogo.bmp.

If you have purchased the computer of yours from the very big manufacturer then you have noticed that it will show the customized system properties windows with own logo. Also there would be a button which will let you know about the additional supporting information. That information is considered as OEM information and it can be easily replaced by yourself. This is really important in the scenario when you are supposed to provide information regarding the internal support department.

We know that the OEM information contains the details regarding the manufacturer and model and the small picture and the button which lets you to the page where the support information has been kept. You should know that all these information is not stored into the registry instead it is stored into the .INI file. Well you can create the .INI file by simply using the plain text editor like Windows notepad. I will definitely let you know once I have encountered further information for the same.

The OEM information is divided into the section. In the first section is General and another section is having information regarding the Support Information. The total size of the file is limited to the 64KB. This .INI file is stored into the %systemroot%\system32 folder of the compute and it would be named as OMEINFO.INI. I am hoping the information which I have provided over here would be helpful to you.

In this particular scenario you need to use some third party utility to get the requirement of yours. personally I recommending that you should go for OEM Information Editor 3.0 on the computer of yours. It’s a freeware so you did not require to pay anything to get this particular software. Well you can get this particular utility on the official website of the developer of utility. Well let me know whether this particular utility helped you out or not.