Thread: Computer hangs after installing Berkeley Unix operating system

Computer hangs after installing Berkeley Unix operating system

The computer present with me in current time is Aspire 3810T having Su94000 processor, 4gb of ram, 80GB solid state hard drive, Intel GMA 4500MHD Gfx. Present in it. The problem that I am facing is as follows; recently I had installed Berkeley Unix operating system with the help of USB in my computer, I went through all the normal procedures and did the reboot which was normally done; however when the rebooting process is done in my computer, it just hangs up on the post screen, and it show the Acer symbol and says “Press F2 to enter setup". So when I press F2 it do nothing so I have to restart the computer and again see If the problem is occurring or not, but it occurs again. So now what to do regarding this problem.

Re: Computer hangs after installing Berkeley Unix operating system

Hi, I just went through the problem that you have mentioned in the post, it is very difficult to me to say that exactly in which of the section the problem is been occurring, as it is the Unix operating system it is a free source, the best think that you can do is just try to install the whole operating system again and check if the problem is been occurring again or not, I feel the problem is in some of the links which is not been installed properly in it. The problem will be eliminated after reinstalling the operating system.

Why are you booting the operating system with the help of the USB stick, I feel that some of the problem is been seen in the method that is used for installing the operating system in the computer of yours, so I would recommend you to go with the live cd installation process, this will help in getting the process to be done in a proper manner, I hope this work with you. There is another way that you can just check the operating system with the presence of the live cd without installing it in the computer of yours but running through the CD drive and checking weather it is working or no.

The best thing that you can do is just call the technician or the tech support people from the Unix operating system, and see that you have told all the problem that you are facing to them, this will help them in understanding the problem well and also giving you the solution and telling the way that you will have to install the operating system in the computer, I feel this is the best way as you are directly dealing with the people of the developer of this operating system and not some other people who some time are not aware about this problem.

Can you use any other version of the Unix operating system, or you just ant this only, I feel when on some other operating system there is a possibility that the you get a good service which you are expecting from the current one, also the main problem must be with the operating system which may consist of a bug and it is not been solved till now by the developer so I think that the operating system which is free from the bug in it should be used and also you should go for a change as there are so many operating system present, so if one does not work then go with the other one and give a try.

Thank you but I don’t need the solution as I have tried doing something different which you people didn’t tell me to do, recently I contacted the Acer customer service people and since I am still under warranty they are taking back for replacement or repairing purpose. As per what I had seen that there was nothing on the hard drive, so it is their fault as for that reason they have got ready for it. As I did some of the research on the internet, it seems that this was not the first time that the problem is been occurring, People have faced problem in the Intel SSD which wouldn’t work for more then 15 months of the purchase. However, once I get my computer back from them, I will try to install the operating system again in it and check that the problem is occurring or not in it, so if I do come across some more issues, I will see that to bring it to you people.