Thread: How to repair My Documents, My Music, My Pictures folders in Windows XP

How to repair My Documents, My Music, My Pictures folders in Windows XP

I have been organizing my photos and music collection on my computer or to say I was just moving the files. But now there is something unique happening with my Documents folder. The problem is that in the document folder I get to see the music tasks bar in the left pane of the folder. So the folder now assumes that there is a music folder present and I see the musical note background image in the folder window. Also there is a similar kind of problem with the My Pictures folder as well. So please help me on this and tell me how to repair My Documents, My Music, My Pictures folders in Windows XP.

Re: How to repair My Documents, My Music, My Pictures folders in Windows XP

I just had a look at the problem that you are facing and would like to tell you that it is something that is really strange. But to fix the issue what you can do is that you can right-click on the My Documents, My Pictures, and My Music folder and then choose the properties options that would be present and see if you can change the document template under the section use this folder as a template option. If you do that I am sure your problem will be solved immediately.

I think that there is a solution to this query. What you need to do is create a new folder in your desktop and then do right click on that folder followed by clicking on the customized tab. Now you need to choose the documents that is present in optimize this folder option. After that you need to resize the folder followed by choosing the icon view that you want.I think that once you follow all this steps then your problem will be solved.

I agree with the solution that is being provided and would tell you that the solution that is being provided is proper but incomplete. I would tell you that I can once you choose the icon view after resizing the folder then from the folder menu you need to click on the tools and folder option and then click on the view tab. Once you do that then click on then apply to folders that would be present in view .And then finally click on ok. This will complete the process and will fix the issue that you are facing.

Yes the solution that is being provided over here is absolutely correct and would tell you that you need to follow the same procedure that has been mentioned. What this process will do is it will open up the My Documents folder and the other entire folder like the My Pictures, My Videos as well without any problem. Once you do this then all the folders on your hard drive will get open in a proper way with correct settings on the left panel. So just follow these steps and then your problem will be solve immediately.

Thanks a lot for all the solution that you all have provided. It really has helped me a lot and it solved my problem completely. I followed the same steps that were mentioned over here and that actually had repair My Documents, My Music, My Pictures folders in Windows XP. Now the document folder doesn’t show the music tasks bar in the left pane of the folder. So I once again thank you all for all the solutions that were provided.