Thread: Getting IRQL error in MSI NF750-G55 while installing Windows

Getting IRQL error in MSI NF750-G55 while installing Windows

I'm in the process of upgrading an old computer to serve as a machine of the media. I bhought the following components: MSI motherboard NF750-G55, AMD Athlon X2 II processor 265 and memory G. Skill (2 x 2 GB). Since it is a machine of the media connected to the TV, I'll just use onboard video. Components are installed, turn on the machine and started to install Windows XP. Formatting the hard disk, and then started the actual installation. Now when the computer is on, I get: MSI splash screen, followed by the Windows splash screen, then a screen "Windows Setup will continue", then BSOD with error message "A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage, "followed by the message" IRQL-NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL "

Re: Getting IRQL error in MSI NF750-G55 while installing Windows

The only peripherals connected to the motherboard are the ATA boot drive and a DVD drive in a dual IDE cable plug. Hard disk on the plug "master" in the cable, the DVD is "slave." Bridges are set accordingly. The boot order in BIOS is DVD then hard (for the purpose of installing Windows). There are four memory slots on the motherboard - two black, two blue. DIMM memory is 1, 2 (black). He returned to sit in memory.

You did a good job in describing the difficulty and your system. We would also like to know what power source you use, at least name and model. The message, since the use XP is that some things got stuck in the memory of Windows to create a meeting place to meet with software drivers. It could however also be a problem with one or both of the memory cards, but less likely. Normally, if you get a software error that have a difficult software.

Naturally, since you cannot install Windows, you cannot get into SafeMode. You can, in the BIOS, RAM, giving a slightly higher voltage, for example 1.65 volts or a little more. But I do not help much. Crucial, Corsair and Kingston are generally better than OCZ Ripjaws. Maybe you can have a loan of a stick for a test run before buying. I downloaded and extracted 'boot' in the Startup folder binary. I burned this folder to a CD boot device, set in the BIOS on a CD, and nothing.

OK, so it seems that you can download an auto-installer for a USB drive and run it. What I can tell it to boot from USB? I do not remember seeing that option in the BIOS. (I'm at home, the team is at work.) If this fails, I should be able to scrounge up a CD that can be recorded. I suppose I can set the BIOS to boot from CD, and memtest will take over from there? I should be able to run this test earlier this week, assuming I have time to mess around with it.

AMD's website does not have a list of the 265 Regor processor under the search for compatible motherboards, but only up to the 260. There is an MSI motherboard compatible with the processor 260 and it interrupted. I found another suggestion to check CMTL, but no plates MSI list (apparently no evidence) that this is getting more and more challenging. Any recommendations for brands of memory? G. Skill seems comments, decent Newegg. I had Kingston in a previous machine and it turned out ok.

Therefore, it is running but not with Windows. I put the new memory; you still have a blue screen, the same error. To format the drive home, he began to copy files from Windows over, not yet settled. One of my students suggested Ubuntu, so I installed 10.10, and is working very well! Of course, I would rather have XP, because that's what I'm familiar with, but it's going to be a machine of the media, which can run with Ubuntu. Thank you all for your help and suggestions!