Thread: Unable to open 4 GB SDHC card in windows XP SP3

Unable to open 4 GB SDHC card in windows XP SP3

I have a card reader that has always run my SD cards fine - but now is unwilling to try to read a 4GB PNY SDHC. I suppose I read it once, but not recently. I tried downloading the fixes that I establish in the information base, but two of them are actually greater than Service Pack 3 and the 3 rd does not have a assortment of English language. In Device Manager, the system says the device is working properly. I have tried to update the driver, but I say there is a newer driver – I have tried reinstalling the driver and did not help either. I am with Windows XP Media Center Edition through Service Pack 3 loaded on top of a Gateway desktop.

Re: Unable to open 4 GB SDHC card in windows XP SP3

I have the similar difficulty, but a little dissimilar. I tried the 2 reviews. 934,428 kb and KB 934429. Do not install for the reason that it said "Service Pack version of this system is fresh than the update you are be appropriating." I am with an external card reader. It performs fine with the cards below 4 GB. Windows Explorer hangs until I remove the card. At this point the only way to read the card connects the camera to the computer via USB. I prefer to use the card reader.

I have 2 different computers (Acer 9500 laptop with internal card reader and a Gateway desktop with internal RC) running XP SP3. Neither will read my 4gig SD card and my HP 8gig SD Micro card. Using an external USB card reader that I had a couple of years to follow reading. But I borrowed a new reader and USB Multi can read SDHC cards ... Any ideas? Also I have a Transcend 150x SD card 4gig charge card as soon as it gets in any of my readers. I tried the patches and they said my system was newer files.

Hi I hope this helps. Please try this. It is supposed to note that together the SD and SDHC "cards" have the similar physical size; however the internal electronics are dissimilar. To read an SDHC card, the reader should be able to read SDHC electronics properly. Cannot interpret SDHC card in a standard SD reader, excluding a reader be able to read SDHC SD card. I am sure this will resolve your problem. If you found any other solution then it will share with us thank you

There is a distinction between hardware and software admittance to the file system in the 8 GB drives since it is a SDHC hardware unit, and must use the FAT32 file system instead of FAT16 file system of all major units. This fundamental difference arises from the mathematics involved in the access beyond the limit of 2 GB and the size of 32-bit integer math. This discontinuity is that you have to jump to the use of 48 or 64 bit integer to try to offset bytes in the file system on the higher capacity drives. If you've done any computer programming with access to files in random updates, you know that the search in a file through a negative integer can be utilize to search backward in relation to the location of your current file point.