Thread: Internal file transfer speeds is slow in Windows vista

Internal file transfer speeds is slow in Windows vista

My friend is having problems with his computer, and as I am on duty "type of technology," he asked me for help, and it is a problem that has never had before, so I want to go with some information on hand if you can. These are the symptoms and they were forwarded to me, very low rates of transfer of files between internal hard drives. In the example "is not a large file" to take three days to transfer. It is been a bit since I worked in the system, I be familiar with it is Windows Vista. All SATA hard drives, some of them might be through a SATA expansion card, and I forget if it is PCI or PCI-E ... It is a Dell, Intel quad core of some sort, six or eight GB of RAM updated.

Re: Internal file transfer speeds is slow in Windows vista

With such excessive low speeds, I would be presuming that this may be a PIO problem. Does he understanding other indicators? Such as uneven mouse, non-approachable windows throughout transferring, non-flat video playback and so onward. There is a method to test if it is a PIO problem. Have his download hdtune from the internet (I would counsel a direct URL to the .exe) and execute the normal benchmark. If that demonstrates a flat line of fewer than 20MB/s, and too high CPU operation (nearly 25 percentage for quad core) then it is likely to be a PIO problem.

I would recommend checking his HDDs SMART information, this can also be complete among HDTune; using the fitness tab. verify for any "awaiting sector count" it must be zero. It could as well spyware / trojan or legitimate anti-virus/anything verify each I / O request and in fact slows things down. So trying to resolve any such "invasive" programs executing in the background would also be sensible to keep out only the reason of this. We also advocate setting some VNC sessions with his, so you can do the important lifting. TightVNC is a artifact of free of charge and open source that works on the entire operating systems.

"The case in point was "not a large file" taking three DAYS to move.” 8GB RAM what Type of function is this. On such a situation it is a cerebral suicide boss. Maybe there are a few hardware conflicts among using two hard disk drive of enormous massage. Run hard disk drive analytic program and ensure the disk consistency try on any another computer and verify. If it will solve your problem them it will better.

Did you verified that the motherboard greatest support to drive storage tool is how much competent? And for your information through addition cord for usb 2.0 and like here sata one the entire that are not so greatly competent to provide power to drive the external one's It may be slow. I individually faced this through using usb 2.0 addition driving just two pen drives the speed just sucks here improved method is to attach on board bridge connector simply to get max operation get a tera copy 2.1 also.