Thread: Windows 7 64 bit just freezing but there is no blue screen

Windows 7 64 bit just freezing but there is no blue screen

I am having a strange issue on my laptop. I am facing a continuous freezing issue on that. I have a Windows 7 64 bit edition with Norton Internet Security. The trail of my antivirus has expired. Now I got a popup for installing an toolbar. I did yes and from that time the system is extremely slow. I had installed some cleaner tool, a new antivirus and other things to make my windows better. But it now hangs on the desktop and sometime after a constant reboot it starts working. So what can be the issue behind this. Does my Windows is going to crash after some time. How can I save back my system.

Re: Windows 7 64 bit just freezing but there is no blue screen

The first step to fix your system is using a Windows boot disk. This is an very easy way to recover your system from a crash. Freezing can be cause of some missing or corrupted system files. It is highly recommended that you always have a Windows boot disk. It is very easy to create a boot disk. You can also download the files to create your boot disk. There are ready made utility provided online which can help to boot your system. I use this sometime when my system does not respond at all and run system restore on boot.

If your system has not yet crashed then there is a way to fix that. If once blue screen starts appearing then there is no way other than formatting the system. For this first boot your system and press F8 continuously. You will reach on black page with some options. From that look for Last Known Good Configuration. Hit it and let Windows reboot. In this windows uses the most recent working settings. Then when you are on your desktop remove all unnecessary software's and applications.

System restore is always my first advice to all to run before your system is entirely dead. What happens when some of your system files are corrupted, modified or deleted by virus, malicious application, etc your operating system becomes slower. System restore creates a track of old settings every time when you install a software. So when you run that it wipes out old applications entire and make your system as it was working before. Do not worry it does not wipe your data. It just clears the settings and application installation.

There will be time when you will face many boot problems as already your operating system is slow. You will need a Windows installation disk for that. You will have to boot your Windows form that and run the repair option. There is a tool on the disk called as Recovery Console. This tool gives support to repair your Windows. It checks for missing files and replace them all. You just need to press the R key to start the Recovery Console. Follow the screen instructions. This is one of the best way to fix your windows.

This solution is just in case you need it. It is for repairing your Boot.ini file. Till yet your system is working slow. This might be due to virus and other application issue. If this continuous then it might happen that someday your system will not boot at all and for that you will need to repair the boot.ini file. So you can keep this steps safe for future work. There are certain commands that you will need to run in the Recovery console to fix the boot.in file. The command for this is bootcfg. It configures your boot.ini file and then you can get your system back to work.