Thread: System builders license for Windows 7

System builders license for Windows 7

I just bought Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit for my personal computer and I opened the box to see what is for retail is there any problem if I use this for my own use? I built a new system and needed an operating system; I've been using Ubuntu temporarily until it arrived. So you can keep the DVD and use for my own use, or is only to be sold with a pre built? If anyone has any idea about this than, please provide me.

Re: System builders license for Windows 7

Here I just wish to add something. The fine for you to use just do not have the same support Microsoft in its commercial version. People buy and use all the time because it is cheaper. Or I can say, if you ever need to build decommissioned its current motherboard (due to faulty / update the motherboard) cannot transfer the license if it is a licensed builder / OEM license, Otherwise, it should be fine.

OEM is forever tied to the hardware installed. You cannot be re-installed in new construction. You can upgrade, but considering how many things change and if the secret number combination is exceeded, no go. Retail license allows you to install as many times as desired on the hardware yet, if not two machines simultaneously. OEM not supported. Retail gets limited support, after a certain number of calls that you pay; the last time I called was the last millennium and $ 180 per hour.

I had 2 partitions on my hard drive 500 GB Hitachi, one for Ubuntu 10.1 and another gap that would be file by winning 7, which were 200 GB and 300 GB respectively. So last night reading the blogs and decided it would be safe to install the OS, everything went smooth until I wanted to start over. Restart the computer, but remained in the "Starting Windows" screen forever, I do not think it was frozen cousin logo was shining bright and dark. I kept doing that for an hour, then forced me to shut down and restart the process. Now, when I saw the list were 3 partitions, one for Linux, one for windows, and now a third think it was for backup. so I went ahead and formatted each partition, sadly delete my Ubuntu. Was to imitate a clean install, but again got stuck on the same screen and this time I left for 2 hours and still nothing.

Windows 7 Professional OEM 64-bit you have is exactly what I have as well. After installing this operating system before, I hope you have not changed the CPU or the motherboard. If it's a first time install Win7, no problem. Now start by backing up all your hard drives to an external hard drive. They just have a hard drive installed on your computer (drive C. Then, format the hard drive (NTFS) in which you want to install Win7 (drive C. This operation will take some time. After formatting is complete, install Win7 64 bits in the C: drive. This operation will take some time. After Win7 is installed, you can add additional hard drives on your computer and format each hard disk and assign a drive letter. To do this, go to Control Panel - Administrative tools - Computer Management - Disk Management. Right click on the drive you wish to format, and format it NTFS. Similar to other hard disks.

That's the problem, this was the only Ubuntu is what ultimately eliminate, so now is a 465 GB hard drive, do not know why it is 500 GB. Therefore, it is completely empty. I ran a memory diagnostic and say there is a hardware problem. I built it myself, and I made sure to ground myself before touching anything. But no problems running Linux on this then why not have a hardware problem?