Thread: How do I share files and folders on the same PC with other users

How do I share files and folders on the same PC with other users

We have 2 users in our PC I can find a way to "share" in a network, but not in the same PC (I am a user of 'low tech') all items of "support" seemed to refer to a network of more than one PC. I try to search this on google and even I ask this to my many friends but they don’t have any idea about this. If anyone here get any information about this than please provide me.

Re: How do I share files and folders on the same PC with other users

Here i wish to say something. Public folders are great if you want to share with everyone. But what if you just want to share a folder with my sister? I selected your username from the dropdown menu. The folder claims to be shared with her by my side (administrator) with the mouse on the folder, but when connected, anywhere. These are not system files, either. These are photos and office documents.

What edition of Windows 7 are you? I ask because you can set permissions well-grained in Windows 7 Pro of what can be in Windows 7 home. In any version of Windows 7 user directories are private, so his sister cannot see the folder in the user register with you. If you have Win7 Pro, I'm happy for the details of how to create a directory that only certain users can access. If you have Windows 7 Start, you may wish to put the folder in the Public and then zip and password protect it.

Ensure that, while sharing the file with his sister using the file sharing wizard to make a note of the path of the shared folder or file and access it from the account of his sister. Once you are able to access the location of the file or folder from his sister's account, you can right click on it and create a shortcut to the folder or file. If you're still having problems with exchange, you can try using the troubleshooter shared folders automatically find and correct some common problems.

I do not think that the wizard will help distribution. Win7 Home, as XP and Vista Home editions, it assumes that there is no need to set permissions and access restrictions complex. Private Somehow, these files must be (can you just tell kids to "stay out"?) (Removing children their own computer and password protect yours?) And how frequently your sister will wish to have access to them; I just make a folder and put in a password protected archive in Public.

If these files are related to the company and his sister is in and out of them all the time, you can make one more user account called a bit like "Business" and password protect it. Then maintain your business-related files in the directory user account. Or even if both use a lot of files, all I could do fast user switching and keep track of registered businesses in the key remains necessary when you switch back to it.