Thread: Windows 7: Remember each folder's view settings functionality gone

Windows 7: Remember each folder's view settings functionality gone

Everyone remembers the Windows XP. You Go to My Computer / Tools /Folder Options.../ View and used to be a check box "Remember each folder's settings of view." Will be incorporated into Windows 7 anytime soon? The main reason I like is that I wish my music folder to open all the time the easiest way probable, with only a list of bands so it ends up being a very thin window of time, works quite well. Windows 7 has completely lost the ability to do so. I really do not want to have to resort to a 3 rd party application. Please tell me is that it is working, anyone?

Re: Windows 7: Remember each folder's view settings functionality gone

I thought it was just me - I've been wondering, but nobody seems to have an answer. It seems that any window that uses the browser (games, browser windows, etc) has only one value available in terms of size and locations are worried. On my Vista system, I have a games folder size in Windows Explorer screen almost complete, Windows Update, Control Panel - all keep their size and position, Windows 7 (RTM and above), if you change the games folder, any use of the rear window of that size. This is not going to stop improving in a few weeks, but it seems as if someone had forgotten the code.

The function was available in other versions of Windows and has been left out, probably because of performance issues. The question is whether the function is gone or going back in a day! For my part, and get quite upset about the omission. I like to put things as I below. I like to surf the way I want. It bothers me when someone removes a feature that most technologically minded people use.

This is the first property of no more annoying in Windows 7. It's just dense unless someone can explain to me otherwise. Why on earth would anyone want a new browser window to open right at the top of a window by default? Usually I can unlock more than one window when I duplicate a file from one location to another. Now each time I want to do this I have to physically drag a window to the side so you can see both.

The design brief is to simplify things and that during the test only a small percentage referred to the omission and was considered unnecessary because of the problems that have plagued the function of time. (For example, forget about the settings or user ignorance). I can only assume that as Windows 7 is to be fast, they thought that removal of a cycle run would bring a big difference. Surely it would be easy to upgrade your browser to add metadata for each hidden system folder and then load the configuration. The folder is available in the taskbar to the default option could be added to the menu option in the case of off-screen placement.

Lastly just crumb the bullet and finished up trade Desksoft Window Manager to restore this functionality. Should not have to buy things like this to fix something that has been standard in Windows early. On the other hand, it looks obvious that somebody considers this feature undeserving for reasons that will always remain anonymity to me. I suggest this as the only real answer, if the function is to be restored sometime in the future.