Thread: Can I configure Windows 7 in a Server Environment?

Mykola Guest

Can I configure Windows 7 in a Server Environment?

Hello, last year I have purchased the new branded computer system. The configuration of the computer system is to be Intel core 2 Duo processor with 4GB DDR2 RAM and 250GB HDD. Previously days, I also purchased the three new branded machines. These three machines are connected with the previous computer using wired technology. I have installed windows 7 operating system on all this computer system. Now I want that the previous computer system configured as a server environment. I never want that any computer present in the network could be access the server machines data. Should it possible? Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Can I configure Windows 7 in a Server Environment?

Hey, I also faced the kind of problem. I want to configure my computer as a server on the network and any guest will not be access this computer system in the network. Then I have contact with the network engineer. The network engineer will help me to configuring the network. But we do not install the windows 7 as a server machine. He just installs the windows server 2008 on the server computer system and it will helpful for configure the client server environment. this windows server 2008 operating system is specially designed for configuring the server computer system.

Hey I also faced the same kind of problem. In that time I also need to configure the windows 7 operating system as a server computer system but I search lot of topics related to this concept and I didn’t find the exact solutions. Then finally I have use the simple technique in that I have connect three computer system and after that install the windows 7 operating system on this three computer system. Then finally set the access permissions rights of the server computer system. It will help me a lot to solve the problem.

I think you need to install the IIS on your computer system. I also use the same kind of solutions for configuring the windows 7 as a server computer system. In that I have download this IIS software from the internet and install it into the network. The IIS will be helpful to the windows 7 operating system for creating the client server working environment. This IIS have 10 limit connections. It means that the client server connections presents in the network are to be limited by 10 workstations. So, I think you also need to install IIS on your system.

As per you are mentioning in the problem you want to configure the widows 7 operating system as a server machine. I think you need to install windows 2008 server operating system into the server machine. If you are install the windows 2008 operating system into the server machine then it will help you a lot to configure the client server environment. This type of operating system is specially designed for client server environment. The other option is that you can be use IIS for this type of configurations.