Thread: Multiple copies of LocalService.NT AUTHORITY and NetworkService.NT AUTHORITY in My documents

Multiple copies of LocalService.NT AUTHORITY and NetworkService.NT AUTHORITY in My documents

Yesterday when I was just deleting some of the files from my system so as to make way for some memory for the new data to come in. When I went into the documents & settings folder after a very long time I found out that there were many LocalService.NT AUTHORITY and NetworkService.NT AUTHORITY files present under the directory and all of them were like hidden files. Now I would just want to know that is there any harm as such to directly delete the files from my system or is this something important and should be kept as it is.

Re: Multiple copies of LocalService.NT AUTHORITY and NetworkService.NT AUTHORITY in My documents

Dude can you elaborate further and can tell me that what are the names of the file that you are actually getting inside your Documents and Settings folder. Also I would want to know that are there multiple user account access to your system or is that you are the only one that access the system. Since this kind of a files usually generates when there is some kind of a problem with the accessing from the various user account. So please mention the files that you are getting in the directory.

Re: Multiple copies of LocalService.NT AUTHORITY and NetworkService.NT AUTHORITY in My documents

Yes buddy I am having various user account access onto my system, actually this is not only my home system but also the one on which I have installed the server so as to have Administrator, Users, Default User, Local Service, Network Service access from the system. And these are the five files that I am getting all of the below files inside the documents and settings folder so can someone help me to know that what should I do now
    • LocalService.NT AUTHORITY
    • LocalService.NT AUTHORITY(2).001
    • LocalService.NT AUTHORITY.000
    • LocalService.NT AUTHORITY.001
    • LocalService.NT AUTHORITY.002
    • LocalService.NT AUTHORITY.003
    • Network Service.NT AUTHORITY
    • Network Service.NT AUTHORITY(2).001
    • Network Service.NT AUTHORITY.000
    • Network Service.NT AUTHORITY.001
    • Network Service.NT AUTHORITY.002
    • Network Service.NT AUTHORITY.003

Dude LocalService.NT AUTHORITY and NetworkService.NT AUTHORITY files that you have got inside your documents and settings are created when the system cannot discover the user profile when logging in. It can even be done when there are some user profile accessing something inappropriate which is against the permission of the user account. So I think that even if you delete these files there could be certainly no harm done onto your system.

This kind of a files even gets generated while trying to delete some of the user profile directly from your system. It is recommended that you should not delete profile folders without first backing up your system. The safest way to eliminate a profile folder is to right-click on My Computer and from there click on Properties go to the Settings underneath User Profiles on top of the Advanced tab. Once this is done you will have to select each user profile you want to eliminate, and then click Delete. With this the LocalService.NT AUTHORITY and NetworkService.NT AUTHORITY will not be generated.