Thread: Pc get hot when I restart it

Pc get hot when I restart it

One of my friend told to me to format his notebook so install Windows on it. And therefore I used bootcamp, And I insert the installation DVD. Whether for Windows XP (SP2 or SP3) or Windows 7, the installation is done without any problem but that is when you restart the computer it gets hot. Indeed, instead of booting Windows to finalize the installation, a blank screen with the icon of a folder with a "?" top flashes and then nothing happens. I have repeated the process several times but nothing helped. This proves to be quite awkward for him because my friend need to run Windows software required. Thank you in advance!

Re: Pc get hot when I restart it

Hello, The question mark means that the bootloader can not find the boot volume. Try manually by selecting it, pressing alt at startup until you see the selection menu. Then, to manage what drive start, your friend can do the same thing or get the bootcamp menu in Windows or System Preferences (panel "startup") under Mac OS. So just go for this and inform me that what is happen.

That is to say? Do you see a menu of available boot volumes? Or do you see anything? If you do not see your Mac OS volume is a bad sign. Starts on the DVD of Mac OS X and launch a verification / repair the disk using Disk Utility. And after that you have to select the volume at startup in your windows and I am sure after doing this you will also get solution for your query.

Mac volume is always right? Regarding this matter I think that you have missed something during the install of windows, but from there it's hard to know what a priori. You have reformatted the partition to NTFS during the win install (normally indispensable to windows 7)? You have let him do all reboots during the install? You do nothing else in the middle? And then in last what is happen you just share this over here.

I am also going through this and regarding this I want to tell you that it is still perfectly possible to boot mac with no problem. In contrast, the conversion to NTFS, it seems to me that I've let bootcamp format the disk as it sees fit without really paying attention to the installation of xp. However, if that is required for Windows Seven and the formatting is done during installation inevitably, it did not market. I probably will try again this weekend.