Thread: Getting black screen for few seconds before XP get starts

Getting black screen for few seconds before XP get starts

I have newly purchased a laptop and in this I have installed the windows xp operating system. But in this I am getting an issue. Actually the matter is that At the present for around 30 seconds I am getting black screen in between my start up screen and the XP loading screen. And the black screen looks like it is going to write something because I get "_" at the upper left corner. I do not know how to fix this if you guys have any solution regarding this so please help me.

Re: Getting black screen for few seconds before XP get starts

I think these kinds of issues are common and regarding this you do not have worry so much. I have solution for this query. For this you have to run the full hard drive check and in this you just make use of the BIOS utility if there is one for that. I have also seen this kind of issue which happens in my system. And here I want to tell you that it is happen because of the error in the hard drive. But it's always been along with a drive that was full-disk encrypted. And if you still getting the issue in this so you have to change the hard drive. So this is what I know about it and I am sure that this will going to help you.

The solution which is given over here I am totally agree with this but here I just want to tell you that how you will be able to get the full hard drive check ? For that you have to go in to the BIOS and after this you have to check the drive utility there. And if you are not able to so that so you just look on the vendor's support page you will surely get there. So just follow this you will get solution for your query.

My pc starts and I get the Windows XP logo appears on a black background (with small progress bar). Then usual, the screen goes black for a few seconds before the appearance of blue login page. For some time, about half the time the screen stays black and blocked after the first page with the windows logo and front page login. I think I have to do a reset just to get rid from this. And here I think it is happening because of the Screen problem? If someone knowledge about it that how to fix it, then thank you in advance for your help.

That's just the file system check; you have to do a real hard disk scanning to discover physical bugs. When you start the computer on which you getting the message to press any key to enter setup or BIOS. And after this you just press the key and navigate menus and observe if there is a disk-checking utility. If not, look online at the vendor's site for a utility to download.