Thread: Unable to get MAC address in windows 7 system

Unable to get MAC address in windows 7 system

I just want to change the Mac address of my Pc and in this the fact is that I am getting issue in this. Currently my system is running on to the windows 7. Before this I was using the windows xp and in this I do not face any kind of issue in changing the MAC address. But in the windows 7 in the NIC I am not able to get the MAC. If you guys have any suggestion on this so please tell me as soon as it is possible for you guys.

Re: Unable to get MAC address in windows 7 system

Hey you do not have to woryy about this because I have one solution for this and in that I am giving the procedure to change the MAC address (physical address) of your different network interfaces. And to do that you have to follow this:
    • Open the Device Manager: Start-> All Programs-> Accessories, Run, type devmgmt.msc
    • Expand the Network Adapters category
    • Right click on the card for which you wish to change the MAC address, select Properties
    • In the Advanced tab, select Window Property: Address administered locally.
    • Under Value, select the first radio box, facing the empty text field.
    • Fill in the text by the new address (12 hexadecimal characters). It is not necessary to put the hyphens (-) between each digit.

Over here after reading the solution which you have given I just want to thank you for this. You have given very quick reply but regarding this I just want to tell you that the procedure which you have given here it is working in to the windows xp and in the windows vista. But the procedure which is given here it is not working in to the windows 7 operating system. I have tried this. So if you guys have any solution regarding the same so please help me.

I have also an issue which is related to the Mac but in my case I facing this on to the windows 7 phone. Actually I have windows 7 phone and all the features are running without any kind of issue. But here I want to know how am I able to get the MAC ID of my mobile phone. And recently I am making use of the IEEE 802.11 wifi connectivity in my mobile. So if you guys have any suggestion on this so please help me and please try to do this as soon as you can.

I advise you to make the GUID in the connection and restore it in the isolated storage location. I have tried this in my mobile phone and I got the solution for my issue. And in this I am able to get my MAC ID of the device from where I access the wireless connection. So if you want then you can go for this. If you want my advise then I will recommend you to go for this.