Thread: best between Windows 7 64 bit and 32 bit on dell netbook

best between Windows 7 64 bit and 32 bit on dell netbook

I have got a netbook for when I'm out of the office. I have the intention of using it for some web browsing, Office 2010, Corel Draw and several gmail account. I have both Windows 7 32 bits and 64 bits operating system CD. What I install on my netbook? a number of public speak that 64 bits will be consume more power, some say that 64 bits of its most efficient, I think half the time no one has tried and tested. Does anybody at this time have any suggestion? I have atom processor on my dell notebook and one GB RAM. Please help me.

Re: best between Windows 7 64 bit and 32 bit on dell netbook

As per the my knowledge the Atom processor is compatible with x86-64, so u can install Windows 64 bits on your dell notebook. I do not consider it actually helpful though. Few application programs are accessible in 64 bits and the Atom processor does not support more than 2 GB of RAM anyhow. And for using 64 bit OS U should take a look at the manufacturer's website first and see if 64 Gb RAM is recommended. There may be problem with drivers in Windows 7.

The simply cause I can consider of is that the 64-bit Windows permit programs to address high-knowledge access up to 4 GB of virtual memory (Windows 32 bit support maximum at three GB). But this is actually a tick since with only two GB of RAM in addition to virtual memory that last part in the sheet file anyhow - I am not able to actually observe what it would be beneficial. The other cause could be that in ordinary with another system that you (or somebody who will offer suggestion to system) that uses 64-bit Windows. But I have to inform you that the every day occurrence of using either is indistinguishable. Others who, I consider of no other cause to put 64-bit Windows system can not use 4 GB or more of RAM.

Well, I think no one dared to try, so I went a head and he did. (Sorry if this is too late.) Works great on my Acer Aspire One D260. I upgraded the RAM to 2 GB. (The least desirable, but with the support of 64 bits.) Then tested and I am answering you with this system. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits. I did the level of performance and this is what I have. I do not know what it is for 32 bits. I do not remember very well but I think the total score was 2.9 or something. (Please someone correct me what is right. Thanks in advance.) So it's not that its not supported, it's just no better with him.

I have a also a question in my mind similar to this problem. I recently purchased and installed the OEM versioin Vista 64 bits, but I found that really should have bought the 32 bits. Is there any way to clear the 64 bits and convert to 32 bits, either through the program itself, or by contacting Microsoft and do something like sending a patch or some other software reprogramming that may be able to do if I send my license information, etc.