Thread: Windows 7 giving beep sound every after 6 minutes

Windows 7 giving beep sound every after 6 minutes

I have a latest HP Pavilion desktop with Windows 7. But I observe one thing for Each 6 or 7 minute, it chimes. I've gone all the way through the windows of audio files and I cannot find the exact ring that is. I also looked through the event viewer, and although I cannot imagine the event viewer, I see nothing coming in the same pattern. Not anything flashes on top of the screen and no icons are light up, so I have no idea what the problem might be. Malware bytes scan and AVG found nothing. Anyone have any idea?

Re: Windows 7 giving beep sound every after 6 minutes

Try closing all applications to see if it goes further. From there we can help reduce what it is. Unrecognized USB devices are able to cause strange noises at regular intervals. Do you contain something else connected other than the keyboard and mouse? It possibly will be your aero theme responding to different procedures. Try to go to personalization menu and select sounds and from that menu, select "no sounds." I hope this will help you to solve your problem.

Hello thank you for your quick response on my query. But I think it’s an issue of Netgear wireless usb adapter. I'll unplug that and observe if it carry on. If it continues, I will make an effort to shutting down the additional applications. But basically I am confused. Through that do you indicate just closing unlock programs on top of the task bar, or departing into the task manager and obliteration items individually? Please tell me the proper steps to do this? And I will let you know about this after doing these settings.

Hello some day before I was facing similar kind of problem with my system which is having windows 7 in it. And at that time I was facing problem with this Netgear wireless usb adapter. After doing some settings it’s resolved but now it again started. I consider it is the Netgear. I immediately exchange my theme and locate the sounds on the way to no sounds, and the moment I plugged in the Netgear usb cord it generate that noise. I am actually hoping it doesn't do it over again in 6 minutes, however I am not hopeful. Please help me

Mine does that to, I'm not confident what it is, I think it possibly will be a faulty USB port in my front USB, and honestly I do not mind mine. all I did to stop construction noise and popping in my face was to hit it off the notification and you be supposed to see a box come up to close in the lower left corner, I just drag it to a part of the screen me that I cannot see, the truth is that drags him out of the screen type, then do not bother me more, and wonder does the Netgear usb hooked on multiple usb cables I have my wireless?

Hello in last month I was facing this same problem but I solve that. But basically in my case it was a USB device issue. Basically in my case this issue appeared because of my mouse. In your case Is it the similar noise as at what time you plug/unplug a USB device? I had this problem through a dying mouse, the PC would make out it attach and disconnect from time to time and would play the "sound" every time. So if it’s a mouse related usb error then you will find easy solution on internet because it’s a common problem

I establish the difficulty, and it is a Netgear problem. The program beeps at what time it attaches to the internet, accordingly it seems that our internet or the connection is breaking each 6 minutes or consequently, which I don't become aware of, however the beep was irritating. The beep arrives from contained by Netgear itself - so I had to open up the selection and disable notifications. Thank you guys, for such a nice help on my query.